Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"vegas knights" kick ass video, the only bad thing about those videos after you see it you feel shaky or nervous you feel like something is going to happen to you like in the video.:eek: Hint if your going to ride hard watch the videos after you ride. as for the videos you you cant by them at any video store. the net for hot videos or special bike store for weak videos. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
my friends make videos and there is a lot of stuff that dosen't make the cut.I think everyone should see the wrecks and make the decision for themselves to stunt or not to stunt.;)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I recently joined a stunt team. As a result of that and this thread I have same things that I like to say that have been on my mind.

First of all, I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to stunts. I have never wrecked while stunting. Knock on wood. Since much of the tricks we do are high speed and on the street, there's no room for wrecking.

My partner, basically the only other truly consitent member of our team (Deuces Wylde) wrecks often. He is slightly better than I am but he is willing to wreck so that he can learn at an accelerated pace. I on the other hand and being 6 years older, tend to learn a little slower and practice much much more. He simply executes where I take baby steps.

It is getting to the point though that I am not going to be able to do much more unless I find a safe place and a bike I am willing to wreck. I've found the mental limits that I am willing to reach but I know I can push further. Perfect example would be 12 O'clock wheelies. You have to expect to wreck learning them. I'm no so concerned about me as I have full body armor and back protect, hell I even wear a cup when I practice tank stuff because you never know when you might move the wrong way and take a brake resevior in the family jewels. I'm much more concerned about exploding my 10 thousand dollar paid-for sportbike. R1s don't like to hit the ground. I need a newer beat up 600 that I can feel free to trash along the road of progress.

As for watching those vids and then riding, I always find I get a little nutty after watching first and then going out. Gotta keep the sh!t under control.

With all the BS said... 1096 are my boys. Those cats ROCK!

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Here are two toned down vids for those who are curious... The files are large but worth the download. I have posted these before but this is for anyone who hasn't seem them:

READ THIS - You need to RIGHT-CLICK on the links, click on SAVE TARGET AS and then save them somewhere on your local harddrive. Once you have them downloaded, just go to that directory and double click the file.

Wheelies, stoppies, rolling burnout:

http://chris.e-coy.net/chri00009_1.mpg

(Same video, bad quality for slow net connections):

http://chris.e-coy.net/Chriscomp.mpg

Camera on tank, hard leans, high speeds, couple of small wheelies:

http://chris.e-coy.net/chrisvcd_1.mpg

Comments welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts