Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video released of officer tackling motorcyclist

GARLAND, Texas (AP) -- A police officer who was videotaped tackling a motorcyclist after a high-speed chase has been sentenced to two years' probation, fined $600 and ordered to undergo anger management counseling.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/07/police.video.ap/index.html

·
Registered
22 Posts
would be nice to see the video... :(

Stupid pig – didn’t remember they put cameras in their cars. :finger:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Some people can hack the life of an officer and how it eats away at you.....this guy obviously couldn't. That's rare to see cops fired, though. He must have already been on the sheeat list.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Those cops must have been PISSED after chasing this dude who was running from them. Don't get me wrong, that's no excuse for tackling the guy while he was sitting helpless on the bike, but food for thought for those who would try to run.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One bad apple makes us all look bad.

I got nothin but respect for cops (hell, they'r my family). And I'll take anyone on who thinks differently.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I'm glad to see that the proper actions were taken by the department in this matter. :thumb:

There was a similar video several years back of an officer tackling a rider off his bike... I think I saw it on Real TV or a show like it. In that case, the rider had evaded, was well in excess, and almost hit several pedestrians. The officer tackled him 'cause he was trying to get away, again, after pulling over. In that case, the officer did the right thing and probably saved several lives by doing so.

·
Registered
163 Posts
AR4CE said:
One bad apple makes us all look bad.

I got nothin but respect for cops (hell, they'r my family). And I'll take anyone on who thinks differently.
I understand your respect for the good and honest cops, but not every cop deserves respect.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/06/inglewood.police.trial/index.html

It's not just the one bad apple that makes cops look bad, it's also the cops that cover up for the bad ones.

I treat cops just like everyone else. There are good people and bad people. I never judge anyone by whatever group they belong to (race, relegion, occupation, nationality, age, wealth, etc.)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Back in '77 while down in 4th gear on a little Honda CB400F & testing it at 11 grand for traction (changed rear shocks, tyres & lot of work on f/forks) with intent to do a heat test just a short distance ahead on a view point. So doing around 60mph.

Had not realized this part was down to 50mph & RCMP took after me claiming I went through radar at 71mph & then up to 120mph only in seeing them opened out to "approximently 140mph & when stopped admitted to doint 135mph".

Said bike could only do 85mph in full chat with me seated in slight lean forward position (due to flat bars & rear sets) & heavey gear I was wearing for cold weather. We tested it at a road racing circuit with 115lb rider with racing leather & flat out on the bike where he reached 90mph.

Guns were drawen, I was clubbed in back of the neck, & the drive/senior officer claimed if I had taken one more second to do as he was demanding he would have shot me------I was dressed to warmly to stand around for speeding ticket conference, so trying to loosen up my gear & above all I could not answer them through my full face helmet I was trying to remove.

I received 6 month suspension of DL & most they got was a small wrap on the wrists for use of h/guns.

Oh yes I forgot to mention a friend went by dialed in his scanner & picked up conversation with HQ bitching that this was the 3rd engine he had blown in '77 & that explains why they were so slow in coming up behind me-----I thought it strange at the time & had pulled from white shoulder line, I was using to check on traction, to the gravel shoulder of the road & waving them to go on past me!!!!!

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I have no sympathy for those who wreck doing stupid shit on a public road. Why why why would you ever want to wheelie in traffic?

Anyway, this tackling story reminds me of another really old story. A long time ago, maybe 6-7 years there was someone driving around with a blue strobe light in his car pretending he was a cop. He'd pull chicks over, tell them they had a broken tail light out, and then rape them. Thus, everyone was told to ask for a badge before they got out of their car for an undercover cop car. Which is exactly what one woman did. The cop however, just kept screaming at her to get out. When he finally showed the woman his badge, she opened the door. When she did, the cop physically ripped the woman out of her car, while she still had her seat belt on, and slammed her to the ground.

It was just another case of a cop losing his cool, and getting in big trouble for it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The mistake the cop made was he did not turn off the camera. :(

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
SlowCBR said:

I was upset when I first heard of this video. After seeing it, I'm downright pissed off! :mad: That S.O.B. kicked and punched the rider in the face, splitting his eyebrow?!?! You have to be f**king kidding me! Good riddence to those sorry excuses for police officers...though I hardly believe this is the last we'll hear from Garland. :finger: :cussing;

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Jester said:
The cop looked like Farva from Super Troopers! :D
Lol:laughing:

That was a pretty sweet diving tackle though:thumbs2:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Well when one can tell me why the counties, locals and states make race tracks out of our highways when not enforcing the law then I will have a different opinion.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts