Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a newer model vfr. Has anyone had a newer model on the track? What are your thoughts, suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
I could tell you after May 25th....my first track day.

But it's not uncommon, I know of people who have taken theirs to the track...I've seen clips online, and there are people on the vfr board who take them(vfrdiscussion.com).

People take all kinds of bikes to the track. It'll be fine.

·
Registered
312 Posts
OK Slaps, it's after May 25th so how'd it go? I can't wait to get my vfr on the track someday. In the meantime, I'll just have to keep rippin' up public roads. :D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
By all means, take it if you've got the desire. To set your mind at ease, here are some shots and a video clip of my 608# CBR-1000F at the track. It's a '90 with 90,000 miles on it in these photos and clip. All original, too. Running in the "fast" group at a Sportbike Track Time event at Beaverun near Pittsburgh.

The video even sports a slide at the end.:) Sorry about the quality. Also, the audio lags behind the video, getting progressively worse towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRjWGekd-QI

Attachments

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
One of the instructors at hallet rides an old VFR. That think looks like a boat. And yeah, she was quick.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fork springs and shock recommended for serious track time. Traxxion or California Suspension Works very good. Odd man Hyperprousa. Uh, especilly if heavier rider.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I'd take the time to disable to linked brake system on the VFR, if your model has one. Those things are not your friends at the track

1 - 7 of 7 Posts