Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just within the last couple of weeks I have started getting head shake when coasting to a stop (little or no pressure on the handlebars and no braking). Nothing violent, and it comes under control easily, but it is bothersome. Bike has 15,000 on it, the tires about 3500 miles and pressures are within spec.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
dunlops? they may be cupping. every set of dunlops i have ever had have done it.

my bridgestones are worse from racing on them, but street ones weren't bad as i recall.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Totally agree with Tony.

It's still wise to give a quick look at all of the pinch bolts, fork seals for leaks, head bearings for flat spots, wheels for bends, etc. just to be sure, but that is probably just tire wear.

My Dunlops always did that anytime after about 1500 miles, the new Pirelli Diablo Corsa hasn't even when worn out. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Cupping only comes from a lot of hard breaking on the front brakes & said cupping or scallops would be very obvious, but hard to imagine it on tyres with that low milage & especially if they have been kept up to specs.

I would go to work on some of the other tips & especially the steering head brgs as they tend to mess up in a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts