Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has an 03 R6 that he dropped in a wheelie gone bad. It was at a rather low speed and the tank got a softball sized dent in it. Other than that the bike is in good shape and has about 2000 miles. I'm thinking about buying it but i don't know how much it should be worth considering the damage. Is there anythig else that i should look at due to the fact that it was dropped?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
KBB lists an undamaged one at $6865, Nada says $6580 average with $5000 being the low end. Again, these are undamaged bikes, but you can use those to gauge a fair price if you are interested in this bike.

Most importantly, how much do you think it is worth? That will set the pricing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Take the KBB Values and then price out the parts that are damaged and the cost of a front end alignment. Then subtract these two totals, this will get you a fair price you should pay. Remember if you go to low your friend will just fix it himself, and then resell it for more than you are offering. I would say you will be at least $1500 under KBB when done, that gas tank alone must be pushing $1000 at the dealer. There were no other panels damaged???

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Also is the frame in perfect shape & the same goes for froks, & other levers, to engine covers to plastic----------any of those can not only cost a lot, but in some cases the bike would be totalled by the insurance people.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He already has replaced whatever plastic was damaged and has been riding it for a while since he dropped it. So i guess everything else is still in working order.

·
Registered
127 Posts
if its just the dent, at this time of year, with the 05`s coming out soon, i would give him 5000$ why does he want to sell it? whats a dealer trade worth? if he wants another bike maybe he should doo a trade in.,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts