Sportbike World banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any particular bike you are looking at? If you have little or no street riding experience, I would recommend a Ninja 500, SV650, or a GS500. All are good bikes to learn on and all have enough power that you should be happy for a little bit. If you are kind of short, the Ninja 250 is fine, but most people only keep them about 6 months or so. The good thing is that you can get a used on for a good deal and if you buy a new one, you will probably be able to sell it pretty quick.

Anyway, welcome to the sport...it's very addictive!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea im looking to get a ninja 250. maybe a 500 if the price is right... My parents are worried straight about it but i figure if i take the time to actually learn how to ride properly maybe they'll come around

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hrm Im new here and i will be a new rider here ina few weeks. Im a pretty big guy though i have very little 2 wheel experience. I decided on a 2007 Ninja 650r. Will be picking it up next week.

Anyway just seeing who else was out there in my area.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got back to the US from 3 years in Germany with my Busa in Alexandria. I will be out and about in the spring, or anytime the temperature hits 60 degrees.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everyone, I am in Richmond in the West End. There is also another site that I belong to called Monkeyriders.com. No, the people are not like the name suggest,, MONKEYS. The are great people who ride a wide variety of bikes. There is also a bike night that has started @ Lone Star steak house on Broad and Parham every Thursday night. Discount food and beverages. Everyone check out the site and let them know that Virginia is representing strong. So far there is a little over 1000 people registered from Ohio down to North Carolina and there are always group rides happening. Hope to see everyone there!!!

Brad Fischer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Annandale, VA

New to the area and am looking for folks to hook up with and ride!

:cheers:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Virginia Beach here, just moved here in August. Lookin for a few ryders to hook up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name is Jason and new to this forum.

Haven't seen a post here on this message boad in 6 years but figured why not give it a shot.

Live in Centreville. Looking for riders in the area for weekend rides instead of waving to everyone I see.

R6

61 - 79 of 79 Posts