Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I sold my R6 a month ago and bought one. I love it. I've been a member here at Sportbike World for about 3 years now and I was wondering if I’d get to post much since I didn't have a sport bike anymore. If I had taken a ride on a V-Star before the R6 I never would have gotten a sportbike. I don't stunt or anything so this type of bike is perfect for me.

It handles great too.:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im going to pick up a classic. Ive already got it planned in my head. It'll have driving lamps, solo seat, and leather bags. Im hoping to find a low mileage used bike, but who knows. Maybe I'll go new. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question

The V-stars look very nice. Let me ask the typical newbie question: Could you tell me if they're appropriate for a newbie?

Thanks.

Bill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If I were just starting out, and wanted a great cruiser, I'd probably go with the Suzuki Volusia. It is 800cc, but the bike is the size of a full size cruiser. It'd be a great bike to learn on. The power is very manageable, but you wont outgrow it too fast.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2002 1100 Classic. It's a really nice bike but I may sell it sometime soon. I'm getting tired of the old school looks of the cruisers. I want something more modern.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maintenence issue

I looking to buy a bike in 2004. I really am in love with the 1100 Silverado. But I heard doing Maintenence on the V-Star's are a problem. Do you really have to take the exhaust off to change oil? :confused: The other bike I was considering was Kawasaki's Vulcan 1500 classic. What are you thoughts. Any info will be deeply appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Woohoo, a place for me.. :D

Ive got a 03 VStar 650 custom. Its my first bike, and Im glad I went with it. I wanted something that I could learn on. Ive had prior experience on dirtbikes and 4wheelers before, but no real street riding (Yes, I have taken and passed my MSF course). Well Ive put almost 1200 miles on it the few months Ive had it and its working out great for me. All of my friends are sportbike riders and they told me I was a fool for buying a cruiser. I wanted something my wife and I could take nice rides on and not get uncomfortable. This bike pretty much does it. It handles great, has good power, and looks nice too. Ive gotten tons of complaments on it, and everyone thinks its atleast a 1000 cc bike.

Since buying this bike, a few of my friends have changed thier minds about cruisers. One of which has a 2003 R6, and says if I would have bought this before he bought his, he probably would have kept his FZR and bought a cruiser instead. :D

My dad has a VStar 1100 classic, its a lot more comfy and has good power. Its much livelier then the 650. Ive considered trading up to an 1100, but I think Im just going to keep the 650. Then next year or so get a sportbike to ride without the wife. ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Re: Maintenence issue

akrrpla said:
I looking to buy a bike in 2004. I really am in love with the 1100 Silverado. But I heard doing Maintenence on the V-Star's are a problem. Do you really have to take the exhaust off to change oil? :confused: The other bike I was considering was Kawasaki's Vulcan 1500 classic. What are you thoughts. Any info will be deeply appreciated. Thanks...
They make an oil filter relocator kit for the Vstars to make it a little easier. With Kawasaki's financing right now I would tell you to go that way. Ive read some pretty rave reviews about the Vulcan 1500's, either way I think youll be happy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
v-star vs. sabre?

I was just going to ask if anyone could suggest one over the other. They're almost identical in specs... I do like the seat better on the V-star. Anyone know how old each of the bikes are? I hear that the Honda Sabre design and engine has been around a while and is "dated"? Can anyone confirm? Recommendations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
chose the v-star 1100

OK, i'm in the club! I decided to go with the 1100 Classic over the Honda Shadow Sabre. The Yamaha had a few more bells/whistles and looks a little more refined so I went with it. Wow, what a nice ride with plenty of power.. now to get some fatter pipes, etc. etc. etc...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts