Sportbike World banner

Using the bike as a pick up line

37K views 212 replies 57 participants last post by  hydewildman 
#1 ·
All looks no brain? Sounds perfect man you
still got her number??? Hehe ;).

------------------

#2 ·
Well, I know that was one of the things my wife liked about me when we meet ;)(she no longer had to walk to school). This was in 1992 when I had my XR 600R (barley street legal).

Anyway she like to skip a class or two and go to the riverbed and let her (yes she likes and can ride) do some trail riding. She has ridden every bike I have owned (but not my F4).

I hope that spell check is working!!! :D

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

#3 ·
How many people can actually thank Honda or
Kawisaki or Yamaha or Suzuki etc. for picking
up a partner for you... Tell us the story
if you've got one....

Bike has always been a catylist for me but
I can't actually say that I was on the
road and pulled over to get someone's number,
that's never happened to me. Damn.

------------------

#4 ·
Chris, I must say, I think this is your most intriguing topic yet. I couldn't resist it when I read the topic!

As for my story, well I'll share the best one, because I thank God it happened everyday...honest.

Here goes:

This happened about 3 weeks after I picked up my new CBR600F4. I don't know how it is in PA, but in Ohio the temp tags for bikes are as large as the ones for cars. This really sucks for a few reasons, not the least of which is that they look absolutely, totally HORRIBLE.

So anyway, after my loan finally was processed and I got my title in the mail, I made it top priority to go straight to the license bureau to get the real tags. I took my bike, of course, and just took the temp off when I got there (who says the tool kit is useless?!?). I walked in and prepared for a 15-20 min. wait. I also noticed that there was a beautiful Italian girl working behind the counter. This made the wait more bearable, as I had something to look at as I sat there (only when she wasn't looking, of course :D).

My turn finally neared and I knew I was either gonna be waited on by the object of my interest, or some old lady who would think CBR was a typo.

Luckily for me, the old lady got distracted and I was waited on by "the one". It ended up that she knows a little about bikes, and she asked me about mine, who I take for rides, etc. I got the hint and asked her if she wanted a ride. She enthusiastically shook her head yes and gave me her number. I called her a few days later and we haven't stopped riding together, talking, or being friends since. I took her to Niagara Falls with me this past weekend and I am happy to say that it's now official: I have a beautiful girl and friend as my girlfriend.

She said she was gonna ask me to call her before she even knew I had the bike, but I know that having it certainly helped. I mean, how many girls get excited about cruising in an s-10 pickup? hehe...

Anyway, that's my story. I bought a bike, and ended up meeting a girl that is perfect for me. Whattaya think...?

------------------
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited May 25, 2000).]

#7 ·
Thanks guys, but I wanna hear some of YOUR stories now. I mean, I KNOW I'm not the only one who has met an amazing girl partly or totally due to a motorcycle (or guy for the growing number of girls out there who are buying high-powered, 2-wheeled fun-machines). So...LET'S HEAR IT!!! :D

------------------
2000 CBR600F4
Piped, Jetted, totally trick...
Keep the Rubber side down
my Bruthas AND Sistas!!!

#8 ·
Nice Story Brotha!

I have only actually 'scored' with one girl as a direct result of the bike:

I had just bought my F2 (in 92'so I was a youngster) I would ride it into work and we have guards at the entrance gates. Well there was one SAAWEEET young blondie attending the gate I always exited and she just boldly asked me for a ride sometime! I said "SURE" being the red blooded ~testosterone filled boy I was. Dated her for a whole Week or so (all looks/ no brain), but it was a great week! ;)

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:Kyle@sportbikeworld.com

#9 ·
ok, im riding along w/my brother on the back of my bike.. we were cruizing downtown after my companies summer picknic (last year). we both have on jeans, helmets, jackets. i pull up next to a car w/a hottie & a bfugly (butt fu(kin ugly if u didnt know).. the cute one sayz whats up. well, i end up giving her a ride while my brother is stuck talking to bertha hahaha.. he wasnt too happy but i chilled w/ the cute 1 for a couple months till she left for college.

same road.. a couple weeks later (this is the main cruizing strip here on fri/sat nights). im coming home from a wedding (im a part time mobile dj).. im in my black helmet & tux. u know.. all pimped out G :). some cute girl jumps out of her friends car, runs over.. says.. can i have a ride... said yup.. & we rode the rest of the night together.. when i took off my helmet she asked for my number. (didnt talk to her much cause she was an acid freak.. once in a while is cool by me, but get high or trippin acid 3 or 4 times a week is to much).

4 years ago. i lived in denver. my friend & i were cruizing & we see this hot body walking in red dress.. we pass her (cause we were speeding :D), u turn. he pulls up to her & she is all over him... she was bad a$$. turns out she is a freak & is into girlz sometimes too... they moved in together a month or so L8r & have a kid now.

same day, i met 1 of the 2 women i wanted to marry... she was a trick & i hate her now so im not gonna talk about it. still kick my self every day over the other :(

------------------

#11 ·
What a kewl topic. I've just had my bike for two months and not had one yet but i am hoping to. I just tried it out inadvertaltly trying to see the reaction, never the less it was crash and burn :confused:. It is not the end of the world because ive heard too many tales for me not to score. I guess i haven't had the bike long enough. It would be really cool to me a biker chick. Anyway good luck guys on the pickup lines.

------------------
real men play strats

#12 ·
I've received a few cat-calls when riding my sportbike. My C5 gets more attention than the bike though. It helped break the ice with my current girlfriend. You really want to get the attention hot chicks? Get a cute dog (beagle, basset hound, not too big or too "feminine"...) I'm not sh#ttin' you, girls will be all over you!

------------------
1999 Blue/White YZF-R1: 2 Bros. C4 exhaust, Dynojet jet kit, timing tricker, dyno-tuned by Graves

#13 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mashuri:
My C5 gets more attention than the bike though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, I know I SHOULD know what that is, but
I don't. What's a C5. A Benz?

------------------

#15 ·
Chris, Chris, Chris! A C5 is the current version (5th Generation) of the Corvette.

If you can't get women with that car, there's something wrong with you! ;)

------------------
"If you want to keep working here, Son --- stay off the drugs..."

#19 ·
Now I have goldish-tanish-yellow bike (you know that 70's type color) now its not a looker BUT it vibrates alot :D and all I had to do is get my current girl friend on it and after about a 10 minute ride I got her number. we have been going out for 2 months now. the only problem is she always wants to go for a ride I wonder why ;)

------------------
Kyle M. m/15 cb350
Noblesville,IN

#21 ·
I am constantly giving women rides on the Ninja, they all love it and I have gone out on quite a few dates as a direct result of the bike! I also have a pretty sharp Mustang GT so when it's not so nice out, there's still the girl pick-up factor there!! I live like right next to the beach so we do alot of cruising here, and they're always wearing bikinis! I love Florida!!! Lived here for 20 years and never want to leave!!! :D :D :D :D

------------------
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 3,900 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT ;)

#22 ·
Back in my single days... I rode with a bunch of other guys and we rode a couple of different strips. Needless to say we all picked up girls just about every night that we rode, primarily weekends. I had a GSXR 750 at the time and everyone else had older/smaller bikes, one actually was spray painted neon pink, the two bikes that picked up the most women were mine (GSXR) and my buddy's (CBR 600 F2) The most memorable one for me was my buddy picked up this girl that we knew, she asked me if I would give her friend a ride later, kinda like a blind date, well my buddy BEGGED me to do it so I agreed. It turned out that the girl that I was giving a ride to was HOT! After we picked them up my buddy remarked (about one quarter mile down the road) "Dentin' your tank yet?laughing and wanting to kill him, I feel a quick hand un button my pants and her hand shot down my pants and she said "no, not yet... ask me again in a couple of minutes..." VERY memorable. Ahhh... the memories before marriage.

- Jeff -

------------------

Kahuna's Home Page

[This message has been edited by Kahuna (edited May 27, 2000).]

#24 ·
This happened when I was in college, in a small mid-west town. I was outside washing my bike, when I found myself hungry. I ordered a pizza. When the delivery girl came, it was actually two delivery girls!!!!
And they loved motorcycles!!!!!!!!! And they were twins!!!!! And they were from sweden!!!!!!!!!!! And.............shit! Im in the doghouse now, the wife just looked over my shoulder and thought i was reading Penthouse Forum again. Thanks fellas........

------------------
"It's not the speed that kills, it's the sudden stop."

#25 ·
I just got my F4 and was stopped at an intersection, my friend was following me in a car. I then heard several "honk honk honk " from an old honda accord stopped on the street to my right. I didn't even bother to look, I hate drivers who honk at intersections, I sped off when I got the green light.... when I got home, my friend who was following me told me.... "You stupid $#%$#% are you blind??!!! " There were girls in an accord waving at you and you didn't even look that way!!??

And then I realized, I was wearing a full-faced helmet, they probably thought I was handsome, coz they couldn't see my whole face!! I'm gonna get me some dark-TINTED faceshield, that'd make people think I'm Tom Sheen or Charlie Cruise... heheheheee!

------------------
allan
2000 cbr600f4
in silver/red color scheme

#26 ·
Guys,

Being happily married to a beautiful woman who likes sportscars and bikes counts me out, but opportunity still arises now (to which I politely decline the invitation).

Here is what I've noticed at the ripe old age of 32:

1. More ladies asked for rides on the back of my cruisers (Fat Boy or Valkyrie) than any sportbike I've owned. I wouldn't want to ride on the back a sportbike just by looking at the pillion seat.

2. It is much easier to pick up nice looking ladies in a car. My Vette and
540i catch more female attention than any bike I ride. I'd rather ride in a nice car than the back of a bike anyday.

3. I got more solicitations on weekdays when I used to have a job where I could ride to work. I rarely got any solicitations on the weekends when riding casually.

4. After picking up a lady, riding like a nut will likely be a big turn-off. There is no feeling more helpless than being strapped to the back of a rocket piloted by a lunatic.
Slow, smooth, and gentle always work best (nothing implied other than riding of course).

4. Regardless of where I am--bookstore, mall, park, work, etc., I notice that I get more female attention as a married man than when I was single. I've never quite understood why. Maybe I look more at ease vs. on the prowl. My wife and her friends (single & married) that some single guys are so obvious that it is a turn off.

All that said, I didn't meet my wife while riding. We met at a marketing meeting, and only by coincidence did she happen to be a Corvette fan. That helped break the ice. We went for rides in the car, but never on the bike together until after we got married.

Good Luck, interesting thread of responses,

Karl

------------------

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.