Sportbike World banner

Using a motorcycle as a lethal weapon...

4K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  healthfreak 
G
#1 ·
This article appeared recently in my hometown newspaper. Hmmm, I wonder if he did it on purpose.

Husband is charged with homicide

Nearly a month after striking and killing his wife with his motorcycle, a Labadieville man was arrested last week and charged in her death.

Richard Demoruelle, 38, has been charged with vehicular homicide, driving while intoxicated, driving left of the center line and having no motorcycle endorsement, Sgt. Bert A. Bolt of the Louisiana State Police said.

Bolt said Demoruelle left the Wagon Wheel Lounge in Labadieville in the early morning hours of June 5 and headed west on La. 1247. About a mile and a half from the lounge, he crossed into the left-hand lane and struck a woman walking alongside the road. The woman was his wife, who had left the lounge earlier.

Christie D. Demoruelle, 43, died at Thibodaux Regional Medical Center, Bolt said. Richard Demoruelle was hospitalized for a broken jaw, dislocated shoulder and other injuries. He was released a few days later.

"Due to the circumstances, we are viewing this as a fatality accident," Bolt said.

Bolt said several factors have made the investigation a difficult one. The lighting at the site of the accident was poor, which would have made it hard for Demoruelle to see anyone walking near the road. Demoruelle was also travelling at a high speed and had to cross over a railroad track.

It is possible that Demoruelle did not see his wife before he hit her, Bolt said.

There were also conflicting statements from witnesses who saw the couple at the Wagon Wheel that night, however.

"Some people said they saw them fighting and some said everything was fine," Bolt said.

Bolt said he had no knowledge of the Demoruelles having domestic problems.

Christie Demoruelle's mother, Shirley Brown, also said she was not aware of any conflicts her daughter might have had with her husband.

"I knew he wasn't exactly right to her, but I wasn't aware if he was abusive," Brown said.

Bolt said the police held off on arresting Demoruelle because of the extent of his injuries.

"We had to wait until his injuries were such that the jail would accept him," he said.

Bolt said the state police investigated the matter because it involved a traffic accident. Officers have finished their investigation and the case is being turned over to the Assumption Parish Sheriff's Office.

Demoruelle is currently being held at the Assumption Parish Justice Complex in Napoleonville in lieu of a $30,000 bond.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

See less See more
#2 ·
You know i never new Louisiana had SO MANY whacky french names, i knew it was a french territory but wow!... next we'll be hearing about Renaultville, Peugoton, DeGaulleville, etc etc.. damn pesky french!

------------------
Fear Green.

#3 ·
You would think that a moderator wouldn't be spreading Urban Legends like this. We all know that this is bogus. No ******* drunk could be skilled enough to actually hit the woman he was aiming at on the side of the road. :rolleyes:

I suggest that we put a stop to this nonsense. If this information gets out then the drunks around here will be starting more fights with their wives/sisters/cousins at the bars then chasing them down the should of the road. I would think that as adults we could use a little more restraint when posting this stuff. :rolleyes:

I hate to be the one to suggest this, but I think we need to send an e-mail to the Administrator of the mental institution that Pete lives in and let them know that he has hacked into there computers. Apparently the "I love me" jacket is not tight enough. How else could he type that much stuff between drug and pudding rounds. :p :D :p

------------------
Ride Hard!

John

#4 ·
No thats just Louisiana. Boodrow had a little to drink and went out for a ride on his motor sickle. I hate this state.
The law here is also based on civil law from the French. Every other state has common law.
@ more years and I'm outta here!

------------------
Ride the Pace,
JD

G
#5 ·
JD, that's Boudreaux, not Boodrow. And quit dissin' my homeland! :D

John, ROFLMAO!!!! And BTW, us Cajuns take offense to be called ********. Louisiana ******** are from north of I-10 (our own little Mason-Dixon Line).

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.