Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much useless crap do you know about your bike? without having to look it up? Most of us know the exact cc's, and the manufacturer of brakes/suspension.
How many can quote the bore and stroke? Or something even stranger?

In otherwords am I the only one that sits around memorizing reviews and service manuals?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Bike stats

I am literally a walking encyclopedia of motorcycle stats! I have memorized most of the statistics of virtually every sportbike made over the last 20 years. 90% of the responses I give to questions that involve statistical data on a bike is quoted by memory. (and it IS accurate!) The stuff I've memorized for most bikes are things like rear-wheel horsepower, wet weight, exact engine displacement, quarter-mile times, measured top speeds, years the model was produced, what size tires they use, etc.

Some of the odder things I've memorized are seat heights and fuel tank capacity for some of them.

You know, I think I need to get a life!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
427 Posts
Re: Bike stats

zxrider said:
I am literally a walking encyclopedia of motorcycle stats! I have memorized most of the statistics of virtually every sportbike made over the last 20 years. 90% of the responses I give to questions that involve statistical data on a bike is quoted by memory. (and it IS accurate!) The stuff I've memorized for most bikes are things like rear-wheel horsepower, wet weight, exact engine displacement, quarter-mile times, measured top speeds, years the model was produced, what size tires they use, etc.

Some of the odder things I've memorized are seat heights and fuel tank capacity for some of them.

You know, I think I need to get a life!
what is the rear wheel hp and torque of a 2004 ninja 250r and quater mile time? I'm just curious and don't know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think i am going to start memorizing rake and trail on different models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,430 Posts
Ducati motors run Counter to the wheels!
The only bushings are in the connecting rods. the rest are either roller or ball bearings! You can spin the motor with your fingers with the spark plugs removed.
There are no springs in the valve train. Desmo yea!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Re: Re: Bike stats

Ninja250F18 said:
what is the rear wheel hp and torque of a 2004 ninja 250r and quater mile time? I'm just curious and don't know.
27 rear wheel horsepower and 14 ft/lbs torque. Best quarter mile time I've seen in a test for a Ninja 250 is a 14.7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
0-60

I think I saw a test quite a few years ago that put the 0-60 time at 5.5 sec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,230 Posts
mac020 said:
... the rest are either roller or ball bearings! You can spin the motor with your fingers with the spark plugs removed.
But at speed, rollers have more drag than plain bearings. The oil between the rollers starts acting like a pump and add resistance as the oil is forced between the voids and bearing surfaces. A useless but interesting piece of data from building old VW Beetle motors. Very rugged, though.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
271 Posts
Off the top of my head...I know that mine has a dry weight of 425lbs and a wet weight of 489. For the average rider, I think that is a pretty useless fact to know.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top