Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This has got to be the "Deals Gap" of Arizona. Havnt been on this highway on a bike yet, just in a car at night (almost made me sick) but i am looking forward to doing it on the bike.

Biggest problem is the location: 5 hours from Phoenix to the start of the route, 2 hours north, then 5 hours back to Phoenix. (This of course is by CAR, bike times may differ :D )

I will post in Looking forum when i find a weekend to do this run. It is a beautiful highway higher altitudes, from high desert to high alpine terrain (2500 - 10,000 feet) One of the longest continuous stretches of switchback highway in the west.

check out this simple map to get an idea how long this is... as sportbike riders i think we would be exhausted by the time we finished the south to north segment shown here, which does not show the additional last set of switchbacks 15 miles to the north, past Alpine, AZ.

http://www.snowandsports.com/azsportbike/images/us191web.jpg

·
Registered
279 Posts
i'm getting excited

i've heard about that road before. i'm about 3 hours from the NM/AZ line. i would very much like to get some level headed friends together to do that run. how far is it from flagstaff?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya i posted that a LONG time ago.. but i just updated the link, so all should be well now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts