Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than ten years absence from the MotoGP World Championship it was announced late in 2004 that the Laguna Seca circuit would once again features on the 2005 race calendar. The US event was excluded back in 1994 due to track safety concerns and limited crowd attendance figures, despite continued success with the World Superbike Championship. However since signing the agreement with MotoGP, which cemented the return of the US GP, a significant investment has been made to improve track safety and the circuit facilities. Combined with increased interest in the championship buy the US public Laguna Seca is now promising to be a spectacular affair. However, unlike any other race in the championship, the 2005 US GP will only feature the MotoGP class from the regular schedule, with the GP250 and 125 classes being replaced by local AMA events including the AMA Superbikes.

·
Registered
197 Posts
ehhhhh, I'm not too soured by that at all, really. As long as they have the big guys out there, the weekend should be a huge hit. Tickets are sold out, and I'm sure after the success of this year's event they will consider bringing the 125's and 250's next year...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Knew it all along

The exclusion was known from the start. and is supported by the teams
There is no small bike market in the states ...at all.
There are no USA riders in the smaller classes ( that i can think of)
It's massively expensive to take the team to USA for 1 race.
The bike market in the states in very small ( unless it idles like a tractor, has tassles on the bars and comes with free gay bandana)so the sponsers/advertisers can't be arsed with the expense.
The immigration dept now makes is such a hassel to get into the states ( ironically similar to Russia 30 years ago!!) that lots of people just can't be bothered.

It's a sad day for the sport indeed? Without the whole GP circus it's just show boating.

ANybody care to bet against me on my boy Haydon!!! Come on GD you know you want to :twofinger

·
Registered
726 Posts
Well well...

Congrats on the winner BP... and dare I say hardly surprising that edwards was up there. Have to love those Yamaha colours....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Now

How much do you want one of those:D

I'm thinking of taking up tarrot cards and tea leaf reading soon.
What a result for the boy.
And you lot laughed.........Fark awrf
:twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
WOT

Yeah 1 4 and you predicted and supported F all.

I seem to remember predicting podium finishes.
This was the 1st time for the win.
Don't confuse what people say they'd like to see.

Bet there's a few Melandri lovers wiping away a tear!!!:twofinger

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt Mladin

"Mat Mladin, Yoshimura Suzuki GSX-R1000 - Team Yoshimura Suzuki’s Mladin continued to rack up the pole positions at Laguna Seca. Carding the 44th of his career and the seventh out of a potential seven for this season, Mladin also broke the Laguna Seca lap record for AMA Superbikes with an ultra-fast lap time of 1:24.886."

That's not too far off what the MotoGP guys were doing. Wonder how he would do on a Michelin shod GP bike?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Fair point

1-4 The Road said:
though you'll recall that like you I backed Rossi for 2004.
I'd say Rossi is a fair bet for every year/ race till he leaves motoGP

and moves to Canada where you can't smoke a fag but you can marry one:twofinger

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Here we go!!!

I'm on leave this week, and thank fark really as I couldn't bear to put up with BP and all his gloting..... :twofinger

BUT did you see who made it into a fine 6th :thumb: :thumb:

Mladin is again doing well, but there is no way he'll ever be back in GP, not after his miserable effort all those years ago on the Cagiva. He has found a comfort zone and won't walk away even if he gets an offer. He's still a knob!!

Tipping Rossi for a championship is about as skillfull as falling off your bike....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Done both

As has BP but you and he choose to forget that when Rossi moved to Yamaha there were plenty who thought he would struggle to retain his title. I wasn't sure myself but it seemed that Biaggi and Gibernau were taking it in turns to fall off so who was going to take it from him?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Re: Done both

1-4 The Road said:
As has BP but you and he choose to forget that when Rossi moved to Yamaha there were plenty who thought he would struggle to retain his title. I wasn't sure myself but it seemed that Biaggi and Gibernau were taking it in turns to fall off so who was going to take it from him?
Cheeky git. The only time i have supported Rossi was when Tug forgot to pick him first in the running bet we had. Thats it.
You've just got the hump that i contested you later choosing Rossi as well.....move on.

So how is life oh yea great spiller of oil ??:twofinger

·
Registered
315 Posts
Aaarghh!

Yes, I really needed to find an oil leak on the way up to Sepang, but at least this time it was before Open Practice.

Problem seems to be that two of the three NRC engine covers I transferred from the 750 had warped - repeated heat cycles? You're the engineer Mr. Philip. Some Prussian blue, plate glass and glasspaper have now been applied to the problem and I hope it's cured.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
good man

If it was up to me i'd have the silicone mastic gun ready!!:D

Nah. I'd go with 12mm plate glass and some valve grinding paste.
but glass paper should work too. Good luck Mr Trevor

With current oil prices rising almost daily you'd think it was precious. But some people can afford to spread it like muck!
:twofinger

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Two interesting facts

This months Superbike, from the diaries of a brolly dolly "Rossi isnt a fudge packer and his gay looking mate is his girly getter:cheers:
AMA is a load of crap and the riders in the MSS would have a chance. Hogson laps riders 5 or 6 times a race and he is a poof:twofinger

Top brolly burds all the same, did any of you plonkers tape the race? I missed it:crying:

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you want to watch the race, or watch highlights of races for the last 12 years (even the ones at shar alam and JB) log on to the official motogp website, pay 20 euro's and you get the full multimedia package for a year, all the races and qualifying live. Pretty good if your in work like me during the race.

ordered a new lap top, so when the thing eventualy arrives i got a program that will record streaming video, so my project for this year is to get all the last 12 years of gp onto DVD

this is the link for those who can not wait

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/index.htm

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Pint

tls boy said:

ordered a new lap top, so when the thing eventualy arrives i got a program that will record streaming video, so my project for this year is to get all the last 12 years of gp onto DVD

this is the link for those who can not wait

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/index.htm
Ill by you a pint if your send me a copy of the last twelve years including all of the brolly burds:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts