Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else was on the edge of their seat watching that? What a race!! I hope I can score some tix to Indy. Even if it's only half as intense, it'll still be worth it.

Granted, after Stoner f*cked up, it was no contest, but that's the hardest I've seen Rossi fight in a while.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Please don't tell me that this has only just made it to the tv over there. I watched it live, in the comfort of my office. :twofinger

Was a great race. Awesome seeing Casey and Rossi going elbow to elbow. Glad to see neither of them actually took out the other.

Two Aussies on the podium! :D

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
snake, if you're really looking for Indy tickets, PM me how many and how much you want to spend. I'm quite certain I could track some down (no pun intended).

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cookee: I was busy on Sunday (they showed it live here as well) so I downloaded the Eurosport broadcast of it, and watched it Monday after work. Was watching it again last night, and felt like posting.

Kan: thanks, I'll let you know.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I was honestly concerned I would be bored at the race. To quite the contrary, I had a blast. There were more than a few passes and a good percentage of those were doors bein' slammed shut! :cool:

I really wanted to see the 250 race and was quite disappointed that the track designers/builders failed to construct it such that the rain shed off the surface. The reason for the delays wasn't the rain itself, but the standing water in apexes and entries :wtf: I have pipe-dream hopes they'll fix those by next year, but given that part of the issue was the finish straight and that's part of the circle track, I doubt things will be improved there :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
I was honestly concerned I would be bored at the race. To quite the contrary, I had a blast. There were more than a few passes and a good percentage of those were doors bein' slammed shut! :cool:

I really wanted to see the 250 race and was quite disappointed that the track designers/builders failed to construct it such that the rain shed off the surface. The reason for the delays wasn't the rain itself, but the standing water in apexes and entries :wtf: I have pipe-dream hopes they'll fix those by next year, but given that part of the issue was the finish straight and that's part of the circle track, I doubt things will be improved there :(

I cant see them improving the already f1 infield part. That thing was origionally built an oval to drain the water to the middle. now add a road course to the inside. Just cant see it happening without tearing up the whole infield. I did enjoy myself and the 125s were awesome to watch along with the gp guys. Hopefully next year the weather will be somewhat better. I was defentally impressed with how they handled the spectators, bike parking and the quality of the infield with all the rain. Everything stayed in great shape and they were constantly adding stone and woodchips to keep the mud down. Working hard on the track during all the rain.. Not the problems leugna seca had their first go around and all it can do is get better. Kudos to indy motor speedway and a 80000 attendence sunday isnt bad either..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just threw this up on an Indy thread, but Ducati is giving away Weekend Passes to the two North American MotoGPs next season (Laguna Seca and Indianapolis). Figured I'd pass it along to any Southern Californians interested.

Peace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts