Sportbike World banner

Update on SBW PNW Meet!!!!!!

13K views 142 replies 16 participants last post by  katana600 
#1 ·
Okay folks... I have my reservations made in Yakima for July 27th at the Red Lion and in Kelso for the 28th,also at the Red Lion.
Has anybody made theirs??
Yeah haw,I'm starting to get excited now!!!:):D:)

JIM

#2 ·
Meet? What meet?......Just kidding! Great idea to start a new thread on this. I don't think anybody would read through the entire old one. I haven't made my reservations yet but I will be shortly. Hopefully, I'll have photo's and video of Laguna to share......

#4 ·
Well I can't find my notes but I think it was about $80.00.
1-509-453-0391.
Kelso I think was about the same. Rotten little notes that can run and hide whan I need to look at them!!:D

JIM

#5 ·
SBW PNW meet!

Red Lion(Yakima)818 N 1st St(I-82 exit 31 1.2 miles south),58 units, has a outdoor heated pool.One person rate is $71.00,they also have a valet laundry?????.I`m looking at the Sun Country Inn 1700 N 1st St(I-82,exit 31 just south),71 units,( it says it is just south of the freeway so I`m assuming that the Red Lion is 9 blocks south of Sun Country Inn),$45.00-51.00 for one person,heated pool and sauna,coin laundry.
Kelso-Red Lion(510 Kelso Dr I-5 exit 39,0.3 mile SE),$49.00-$89.00/one person,heated pool,whirlpool,restaurant on site,valet laundry???.Best Western Aladdin 310 Long Avenue(west end of Cowlitz bridge),$69.00/one person,heated pool,whirlpool,laundry.I`m getting all this info from the Triple A motel guide.............ken.

#6 ·
Hey Ken,thanks.
I appreciate the info.
I have stayed at the Red Lions before and I like the accommodations they have. It may cost a bit more but hey,it's my vacation so I guess I will splurge a bit!!:):)(ie: nice bar and eatery.)
There is also a mall within walking distance in Kelso and a nearby grocery,drug store and a Mac D's too,etc....
Let me know what you turn up......
Should we,who are north of Seattle meet somewhere to go over Stevens Pass,(or the North Cascades Hwy.)Or over I-90???
I dislike I-90 because of having to get involved in the metro heavy traffic to get to Snoqualmie Pass.

JIM

#7 ·
SBW PNW meet

Hey,riding across Stevens Pass sounds OK to me,maybe meet in Monroe some place about 11am or noon on the saturday?.Or earlier which would give us time to BS along the way,probably the earliest I could make Monroe would be around 10am.I totally agree with you on I-90,interstates are only good for making time:(..................ken.

#8 ·
Re: SBW PNW meet

auger said:
Hey,riding across Stevens Pass sounds OK to me,maybe meet in Monroe some place about 11am or noon on the saturday?.Or earlier which would give us time to BS along the way,probably the earliest I could make Monroe would be around 10am.I totally agree with you on I-90,interstates are only good for making time:(..................ken.
...or we could meet in the Mount Vernon area and take Highway 9 down to Monroe. Anywho whatever we figure out we can double check the details as we get close to the date!!:):)

JIM

#9 ·
Sounds great ! I'm looking forward to it. Meeting in Monroe and going over Steven's Pass works great for me as I only live 20 min from Monroe.

I probably won't make my reservations for a couple months yet. July still seems a long ways off yet.

#10 ·
:( Sorry Auger and fellow Pac Northwesterners. As it stands for now, it doesn't look like I'll be attending. I have a bike I could borrow, but a few other things would have to fall into place for me to make it. I will keep you posted and the second I find out that I can go, I'm making my res at the Red Lion. I'm going to treat myself the RIGHT way. ;)

#11 ·
Hey Spiderman...sounds good to me. Like I said as the day gets closer we will firm up the little details!!

Diane.:(:(:(,aw dangit anywho....you jus' gotta be able to go!!! I hope your job search is going okay!!! Please keep us up to date!! Don't make us worry too much about ya!!:D:)

JIM

#13 ·
UFO said:
I don't think I'll be able to make it either. That's about the time I'm taking the trip below, and I'm coordinating with a friend in Spokane and we've been shooting for the last part of July, first part of Aug for a week.

http://www.sport-touring.net/trips/glacier/glacier.htm
Hey UFO sorry you probably can't be there. I tried to get this going as early as possible to give folks a chance to plan ahead but,the best laid plans of mice and men etc,etc..:D:)

JIM

#14 ·
I tried riding out towards St. Helens last weekend when it was nice but I started running into snow and there's still a lot of gravel on the roads from when they were icy. Fortunately there's still lots of time to scout it out.

#15 ·
Birdman said:
I tried riding out towards St. Helens last weekend when it was nice but I started running into snow and there's still a lot of gravel on the roads from when they were icy. Fortunately there's still lots of time to scout it out.
James,thanx for the scouting report!!
Reminds me of a time when I lived in Oregon and went out for a Thanksgiving Day ride but finally had to turn around because the snow was starting to accumulate on the road!!:D:D:)

JIM

#17 ·
hot_rocket78 said:
I may have found you guys another rider... fuster. If he drops in here, give him all the details and yes I'm still meeting you guys in Yakima. :)
Thanx Diane you ARE a Godess!!:):D:)
I hope he will read the entire post on the PNW Meet and greet!:)

JIM

#21 ·
I live in Auburn. Tell me about this ride in July. Sounds like some people are meeting to go over Stevens Pass. I can make that if that is the plan or meet you over the other side somewhere. What is the plan?

#22 ·
fuster said:
I live in Auburn. Tell me about this ride in July. Sounds like some people are meeting to go over Stevens Pass. I can make that if that is the plan or meet you over the other side somewhere. What is the plan?
Hey Fuster!!
Go to the forum on the ride and read the posts there and then fire at us any questions yer heart may desire!!
It should be fun!!
I know that Auger and I plan on riding over Stevens Pass to get to the first meeting spot. And you are sure welcome to come along!!
Email us ,or me, with any questions and we surely will get back to ya!!:):)

JIM

#24 ·
hey guys

Hey, sounds like an awesome thing you got planned here, i gotta see if i can talk my dad into it! lol. told him about sportbikewest, and he was like, yeah! we're going. hehe. it's too easy!
I hope we can get down for that. It'd be a blast! I'll brink katana chris with me! :D
Well, I'll keep ya updated on what the story is, I hope I can make it, it'd be a blast!
Laura

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.