Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
It's a V4

The similarity to a high-performance American V8 suggests a VFR ('90 or later) with a pipe. However, it could also be a V-Max, which also has a V4 with a 180° crankshaft.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your somewhat correct Dan...

It is a "V" configuration but its much earlier then the 90's.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those that don't have a sound card in their computer, it sounds like this... "vrooom, click, vrooooooom, click, vroooooooooom" :D

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Honda had a five cylinder back in the 60's. I never heard it or saw it so it may not have actually existed. :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry Dad, its not a 5 cylinder or a Honda.

DataDan was real close with the way he thought it sounded. :eek:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Dad you are correct Honda had a five pot 125 experimental road racer that screamed up to & actually beyond 22,000 & in THOSE days that was beyond belief.
I use to see prints of it with the technicans working on it with gigantic size ear muffs & those off a bit were with hands clamped over their ears yet even squinting due to the pain from said sound.
Fell it was raced once or twice, but a friend tells me that when still monkeying around with it the darn think went off like a grenade & last of that bike.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Andy wrote:
DataDan was real close with the way he thought it sounded.
From that hint, I'll guess that it doesn't just sound like a V8, but actually is one. If I recall correctly, MV Agusta once built a V8, and Moto Guzzi may have too. MV?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes yes yes.... :D

Dan your so hot your melting! It is one of the bikes you just mentioned. It was a race bike.

What was the make and year ??

·
Registered
298 Posts
Some cheating (is a web search cheating?) reveals that it's the Moto Guzzi V8, recorded at its only racing appearance, the Isle of Man, in 1957.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You got it Dan! :)

I don't think searching the net is cheating. How else could we look these things up. I guess they once had a thing called the library. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts