Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been teaching my friend how to ride. After weeks of parking lot circles, figure 8s, panic stops etc, I figured he was ready for some back roads (Think a race rep is a good starter? Mine got crashed twice during all this parking lot buisness).

So, I put him on my bike, and borrow an sv650, and on we go

We stop in a small town halfway into our trip, take a break, drink some water, and on we go. We pass an excursion. And he dissapears out of my rearview mirror. I slow down, but he doesnt catch up with me, the excursion passes me again. He couldnt have crashed, I think, the excursion would have stopped. I turn around and find him a few miles back, stopped on the side of the road. He yells at me "There is a RAT in your bike!". I had to ask him to repeat that...

Apparently, while we were stopped in this little town, a big rat decided to crawl into the upper fairing, right behind the gages. And as my buddy is going at what to him is an unbelievable speed, it crawls out from behind the speedo, jumps on the tank, crawls around between his arms, and goes back behind the speedo. I might not have believed him, but there it was. I guess it was scared of the engine, cause as soon as I hit the off switch, it jumped off and ran away....

·
Registered
658 Posts
Vash said:
So I've been teaching my friend how to ride. After weeks of parking lot circles, figure 8s, panic stops etc, I figured he was ready for some back roads (Think a race rep is a good starter? Mine got crashed twice during all this parking lot buisness)....

Just touch it up with some bed liner. It should look great! Or did it even scratch it?

I'm always a bit worried about rodents with my bike. I occasionally trap a mouse in our detached garage and a bike would be a great place to build a nest.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Unexpected passangers

mkeeney said:
Just touch it up with some bed liner. It should look great! Or did it even scratch it?

I'm always a bit worried about rodents with my bike. I occasionally trap a mouse in our detached garage and a bike would be a great place to build a nest.
Props to freestyle inginuity for building a great cage. I got one bent lever out of it, and a bent mirror, but thats the extend of the damage. It was an interesting sight.. doing panic stops from 50mph he lifted up the rear wheel, without expecting it. For some reason, he decided to take that moment to put his feet down (worrying that he was going to fall sideways?) and in doing so, stopped gripping the tank with his knees. Of course the bike threw him over the front, and fell over behind him. The guy was in head to toe gear so we just picked the bike up and laughed about it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the true"rat ride"! Probably woulda scared the living sh*T out of me. Better a rat than your buddy goin down. Bet he cant wait for the next ride:D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
A RAT well that does take the cake Vash. As a fellow farmer we were accustom to mice getting into our trucks, tractors & other powdered equipment.

Have seen a few rats at a fellow orchardist place & since all he had was a 303 British Lee Enfield I did them in with a pump action .22 cal. Kept eye open for them on my place but they must have been a lost couple.

·
Registered
139 Posts
this would be the appropriate time for me to post the picture i have of our cat napping on my tank of my bike...grr...can't find it. who needs a lo jack when u have a mouser for ur bike :p

·
Registered
892 Posts
thats to funny dude! i had a passenger of my own shortly after we moved back to colorado. i was poping off the seat to put my new insurance papers in and out ran a little mouse. he had a bed of grass and twigs and shit all made up in there. not sure how long he'd been in there but i think he had gone for a ride or two.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Vash, you have the craziest experiences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts