Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did the umbrealla girls originate? Was it raining during a race and all these super-hot models come out of no where with umbrellas and tend to the riders? lol

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I don't know for a fact what the origin was but I suspect it was simply a preventive measure b/c of the padded suits the racers have to wear and sit in at high heat to wait for the start of the race. Simple necessity I'd guess.

·
Registered
892 Posts
ya its for the sun, and now i think its mostly for the fans :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont know how much an umbrella would do in the sun, it might do a little, but i think they should just take out a hose and rinse the riders and themselves... much more effective.. I am just trying to help the rider, no one else.. not even the hot girls in wet shirts

lol jjjkkk

well umbrella girls rule

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
not sure where the origins come from but now days, Umbrella girls are more for corporate sponsors and for show than necessity. Then again, for the 2 minutes those girls have to endure all the press, look good, and stand in one place and hold up that umbrella for a mer $500+, they actually do provide a bit of shade (which is 20 degrees difference in the shade.)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I deem this the official umbrella girl photo-thread.. will post photos as soon as i am off work lol

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The umbrella girls are a MUST to keep the rain off the riders or to keep the sun off the poor chap as he is being cooked. Still the gals are eye openers when it comes to figures-------a must in life for us spectators, the pit crews, the racers---you name it.

There is one outstanding darkly taned beauty from Spain I think that will simply have you melting in seeing the photo of here even though it is probably 3 or 4 yrs back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts