Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i'm new here. always wanted a sportbike, but now more than ever. my friends just bought 06 gixxers, and I want one too, but I need to get my financing straight. anyways I hope to learn alot from this site, and I will be on it daily!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
First things first, read the ATTN sticky at the top of the new riders page. A GSXR is not a bike to learn on. But aside from that, take an MSF course and welcome to SBW!

Sepias

·
Registered
183 Posts
hi and welcome! I am sure you will learn alot here, I am learning more all the time. No bike yet for me, but soon... hopefully

·
Registered
515 Posts
:eek: congrats on thread jacking with your avatar chels :thumb:

back to topic: +1 on what sepias mentioned and welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
183 Posts
he started it!!! lol, but really welcome welcome welcome. This is a fun board with lots of info! and check out the chat room!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, but I will be taking the MSF course in 2 weeks, and I changed my mind to a GSXR750. Picking it up in Barstow......

·
Registered
515 Posts
andres99pony said:
thanks, but I will be taking the MSF course in 2 weeks, and I changed my mind to a GSXR750. Picking it up in Barstow......
:rolleyes: aights, well, rubber side up man.

·
Registered
183 Posts
thats a nice looking bike, and from what my bf says, and I am sure most everyone on here will say, its a great running bike to, not that I know anything about that lol. Congrats!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welcome to the board, brotha.

·
Registered
80 Posts
andres99pony said:
I don't think you understand what you are getting yourself into. Stop and read before you even look a gixxer. I picked up a 1999 cbr600f4 after reading everything because I am stupid and didn't listen. Well needless to say that thing can MOVEEEE. I have mad one mistake that could have gotten my hurt/killed already and it wasn't a me not being careful mistake it was me being a rookie.

Do yourself a favor and take the advice you are given.

Not a gixxer750...not for a couple years!

·
Registered
980 Posts
You are definatly gonna kill yourself on a gixxer750, unless of course you are just ridind down the street posing, then I suppose you *might* not die if you keep it at the speedlimit with your eyes on the road, but if you ever attempt to do any real riding, farewell.

I don't even plan on moving to a supersport until next year, and that will be a 600.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
my gf learned the fundamentals of riding on my gixxer. She dropped the bike for the first time yesterday in the parking lot practicing emergency stops. That being said, there is no way the gsxr is a good first bike. It is heavy, twitchy, and easy to flip over with the flick of a wrist. Let's be honest, you're not going to take any of our advice, so be careful on your new gixxer :)

-=bmacd=-

·
Registered
351 Posts
andres99pony said:
Yeah, good luck with that. Wear gear, 'cause there's about a 97% chance you're going down hard Rookie.

:squid: :squid: :squid:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome andres99pony:thumb:
GSXR750.....FANTASTIC!!! I'll be looking out for your next post. "Two weeks in hospital, trashed bike"

All the best, your going to need it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
anybody know where i can find some riders in socal who look more like chels over here ? haha. no but seriously though...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ya we are happy to have people like Chels here in southwestern ontario. Chels what up no bike yet? Nice pics

Good luck on the gixxer

Chels wheres the bike?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts