Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday June 23 - Opie's All-Out Street Racing Event
Outlaw Street Drags; ...plus… Smokey Burnout Contest at Dusk!!

Quarter Mile Street Legal, Licensed, with Full Exhaust Only at this event. Time Trials, Fun Drags, Grudge Racing - No Bracket Racing.

Pro Tree - Heads up. A 3 foot Win Trophy + R-Up Trophy in 8 Street Divisions - American, Imports, Motorcycle and Snowmobile.

$5 admission per person, $5 additional driver entry fee. Race Noon-?

Sunday June 24 - 'Michigan Motorcycle Drags' -

Testing, Fun Drags, Grudge Racing. Men's and Women's Heads-Up Street Race.

$10 Race or Watch. Open Noon-?

As of June 11th - My Plans Changed.. I'll be at US 131 on the 24th instead of Ubly

Here's link to their site with more details....

http://www.ublydragway.com/Outlaw Street Drags ubly_dragway.htm

I'm gonna call and ask about the "license" requirement for Sat....maybe if you dont' enter in the competition but just drag for fun they'll let it slide.. cuz normally you dont' need a license to just fun grudge and test and tune....

I'll be there both days if weather holds out... last event got rained out :(

It'd be nice if we could have a huge showing like we did last year... what better day to hit ubly than when it's all bikes (on sunday at least) and cheap cheap entry fees that weekend :thumb:

E.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
I dunno.. depends on what happens with me.. Umm If im not doing anything and my bikes all together.. Then im there...

hey bring ur A Game E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey hey... cant' wait to see some of ya'll come out... miss seeing some of the old gang....

hope there's a good show of bike... seems weather is gonna be good :thumb:

as for you Yaz... babe I could be on my C game and still drag you down the track ;)

E.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sunday June 24 - 'Michigan Motorcycle Drags' - Testing, Fun Drags, Grudge Racing.
Men's and Women's Heads-Up Street Race. $10 Race or Watch. Open Noon

hmmm ........should be fun:thumb:

·
Registered
394 Posts
imma bring my "E" game... n show u wassup lil lady.

hahaha...

jus hopin all my parts are in a week before or atleast three days.

neways im going to be bringing some people from work with me they wanna play too..

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZX THUNDER said:
GO TO US131. i bet I can make you go fast. lol:D

actually my plans just changed this weekend... I will be at US131 on Sunday June 24th instead of Ubly... the fella who has been tryin to help me said he'd come out too if I went so he could hook up my NOS and get me started cuz he couldn't make US131 on the 29th and 30th when we were gonna go back out next...

And I can't get the 29th off early to make it to the track in time sooo... reckon I'll see you two there ;)

I'll still be at Ubly on June 23rd..... :thumb: so Yaz ya better be there then or you'll have to take a rain check on gettin your ass whooped yet again by a girl :twofinger (or come to US131 on Sunday... Battle of the Bikes.... whoohooo.. )

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TODAY'S WEATHER IS PERFECT!

Come on up and join the fun!... if not I'll catch ya'll at the next Outlaw Street Drags they host....

and tomorrow I'll be at US131 hopin for the same weather as today :drool:

Headin out soon to the gates at Ubly.... will post pics if my girls happen to get any decent ones.. hopin for a wheelie shot since no body got it at us131 last event :eek:

E.
but then again not sure if I can get the traction at Ubly to pull the front up :p

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SpeedyZ said:
E what ever happen to Maxton NC?? Did ya go?
Nope... didn't want to change the set up on the busa when I was trying to get it set for dragracing and not land speed racing... so I'm gonna opt out just yet on going... I want to reach my goal here first THEN either end of this season or next I'll go down to Maxton and hit the Top Speed up for a spin :thumb:

Results from Sat -

Took First Place for the All Motorcycle Heads Up with Pro Tree ...

Took 5th Place in the Top Dog Event... Beat out by 2 - 8 second cars and 1 - 9.1 sec car and 1 - 9.3 sec car....

My Best ET for the day was only a 9.5 But had my best 60 footers ever... 1.51 was the first one then a 1.50 I thought I was loosin traction before the 330 cuz my times were horrible from that point on... BUT after review of my on board camera the next day and what happened at US 131 it was determined my second gear was not holding and I was loosin alot of time due to that...

on sunday it finally went to shit on my 4th run.. will tell more on that thread...

But here is the best shot I got from Howard from ubly on my launches there.. he caught me just as I was coming up on this one.. he got a couple more also with the front tire barely off the ground and several with my forks fully extended but still making contact...

need to stiffen up my rear suspension a lil to keep the back end from droppin so much - it's hitting the subframe - or have someone mod my subframe to remove that section and put a support bar elsewhere...

E.

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
here's a shot from the other side with a launch that came up on me.... looks like any more of a squat and my exhaust is gonna end up hitting :confused:

E.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
DreamRyder said:
Nope... didn't want to change the set up on the busa when I was trying to get it set for dragracing and not land speed racing... so I'm gonna opt out just yet on going... I want to reach my goal here first THEN either end of this season or next I'll go down to Maxton and hit the Top Speed up for a spin :thumb:

Results from Sat -

Took First Place for the All Motorcycle Heads Up with Pro Tree ...

Took 5th Place in the Top Dog Event... Beat out by 2 - 8 second cars and 1 - 9.1 sec car and 1 - 9.3 sec car....

My Best ET for the day was only a 9.5 But had my best 60 footers ever... 1.51 was the first one then a 1.50 I thought I was loosin traction before the 330 cuz my times were horrible from that point on... BUT after review of my on board camera the next day and what happened at US 131 it was determined my second gear was not holding and I was loosin alot of time due to that...

on sunday it finally went to shit on my 4th run.. will tell more on that thread...

But here is the best shot I got from Howard from ubly on my launches there.. he caught me just as I was coming up on this one.. he got a couple more also with the front tire barely off the ground and several with my forks fully extended but still making contact...

need to stiffen up my rear suspension a lil to keep the back end from droppin so much - it's hitting the subframe - or have someone mod my subframe to remove that section and put a support bar elsewhere...

E.
How did you get the pics from Howard? Is there a website?

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bansheeman410 said:
How did you get the pics from Howard? Is there a website?
He's got my information from previous trackdays.... but I always see him at the end of gthe day and chit chat with him and ask him to email me sample shots so I can buy one or two.. and I always do.. so he knows it's not a waste of his time or that I'm gonna take the proofs somewhere and print my own... He's a really cool guy and I like to help support him so that he keeps coming out and taking great shots :thumb:

He can also mail ya small proofs but they are to be returned if you dont' buy them or order larger ones... I opt for email cuz it's faster and cheaper for him...

Here is his email if you want to send him something to see if he's got pics of you.... let him know DreamRyder aka Eunice gave you his information ;)

[email protected]

E.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts