Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a yzfr6 and was wondering what tyre pressures other r6 drivers use?Im used to using the pounds to sq inch system and usually have 36lbs on the rear and 32 on the front .Do you think this is a little soft?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
a little hard. i'd use 32/32 as a start for street riding. but i rather buy tires than bodywork.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
yzfr62000 said:
no, softer pressures=more rubber on the road and more heat. both are good for sticking to the road. neither are good for tire longivity.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i r not mad...

yzfR62000,

I roadrace an R6, and on the track we usually run about 30 psi in both tires, and as little as 28 psi, depending on conditions.

On the street, however, a good rule of thumb is 32 psi, front and rear, like Tony said. 32-32 is perfectly acceptable for just about any sport bike and any tire brand. You can always play with the pressures by a couple of lbs., depending on your personal preference, but I would never run more than 36 in the rear when running solo.

Don't be misled by the high numbers on the tire's sidewall! These are the MAXIMUM pressures you could ever run in the tire, and only used when you have the maximum gross weight on the bike, meaning a passenger, luggage, etc.

Generally, if you are carrying a passenger for any distance, you can increase the rear pressure to about 36-40 psi.

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Yup 32/32 all the way. Good and sticky.

Sidewall pressures = slippery skateboard tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts