Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw two new F4i's in silver/black on the road yesterday - damn what a visual improvement.

made me wonder - why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait why didnt i wait

:D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I agree! I saw all the colors today in the show room. they were all with the two piece seats and looked VERY nice! The R6 has Nothing on the F4i as far as looks anymore.

And BTW, I have to correct myself on an earlier statement I made that the F4i looked like a R6 rip-off in the face... Its NOT, the F4i headlights are unique looking and gorgeous!

[Edited by HondaNut! on 01-16-2001 at 09:43 PM]

·
Registered
653 Posts
Might I add that I said you were wrong on the R6 rip off, and I was right! :D I love it also, very sweet looking bike. I personally liked the one piece seat of the F3, and would have liked to see it continue, but I have a feeling I was in the minority.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yup I was saying the same thing about the headlights...

If you really want to get technical you can say they are like a cross between an RC51 and a VFR... Both HOnda's...

I don't think the R6 has a thing over the F4i either.

Ian

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
No matter when you buy, next year's is going to be better. :D :p :cool: :( :D :) :cool: :D :eek:

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with, love the one you're with, love the one...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys I'll let you know how much better it looks over the r6 when I'm stairing at it in my living room. It's too early for riding here but I get my bike tomorrow! I think the red on white looks the best!

[Edited by Super F4i on 01-18-2001 at 03:44 PM]

S

·
0 Posts
They are all sweet !! By the way who cares on looks ;) Lets see if it wheelies in 3rd!! :):D:D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
They are supposed to offer two models. F4i and F4i Sport. One will have the split seat like the R6 and the other will stay the same (F4). Suspension will also be a little different. At least thats what I have been reading.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Dan, I have actually read both but don't remember where. Most of what I'm hearing/reading(Brit. mags) is that the F4i and the Sport will both have split seats. :confused:

As for the rest of you people. I didn't realize I was being picked on in here. I haven't even read this thread til now so you guys can just kiss my butt. :D:p

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, I agree with RCjohn. I read a review of the two new CBR600s in Fast Bikes, and in the pictures, both had the split seats, and a 929-like trunk underneath the passenger seat as well (about time).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes there are 2 versions, but the one with the big seat is not coming here. Don't know if Canada is getting both versions or not. The tail sections are slightly different on both models. Don't know about other differences.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got my F4i on Saturday and I have got to say I am thoroughly impressed. I haven't gone for any real rides yet but it feels great and even sounds cool. But the real trick is the gauge cluster when the ignition is turned on, tach sweep and digital speedo sweep, it really is beautiful. It brings tears to my eyes. :)

·
Registered
653 Posts
I saw the F4i at a local shop this weekend. The instrument cluster is Honda's thinnest yet :D It looks super sweet, very nicely done.

Question, what's up with the space between frames and the gas tank on almost all the bikes these days? I had noticed it before, but with the new 2001s, it seems like every single bike has this space now (all brands of sportbikes). Just figured they could cut some weight? ventilation? no reason?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts