Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does it seem like there are way more commercials that actual show time. I really don't watch TV all that much but sometimes there is nothing else to do so I sit and watch. I was watching a show and I saw about 5 mins of commercials then 30sec of showtime, then back to commercials.

When I do watch I want to see show not 10,000 ads. I know it cost money, but damn.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I only watch Discovery & Speedvision. At least I like their commercials.

I don't watch local TV. Network television is geared more for people who can't think for themselves. Thus all those advertisements!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Don't forget MTV. I just about gave up on MTV until they came out with Jackass. That show has me rolling everytime I watch it. I agree that most of the programming on the network stations blows though. I really need to get speedvision too.

I watched some of that Eco Challenge recently. Man, those guys and girls are seriously hardcore. Anyone check it out? Their feet were totally screwed, leeches crawling up their...:eek: , and little to no sleep for days at a time. Much respect to those guys; even team playboy, they tried :) .

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Our TV is typically on Speedvision, the History Channel, or Comedy Central. I admit we usually watch NBC on Thursday nights. "The Weber Show" (formerly "Cursed") has to be one of the worst new shows. It's about as funny as a Richard Lewis-Bob Saget marathon. Which is to say unfunny. Which is to say crap.

·
Registered
263 Posts
MOST TV sucks

I don't have much time for TV but I guess I'm like everyone else: speed vision, history channel, TLC, Discovery and FOX (on tuesdays at 9:00pm to watch my girlfreind on DarkAngel:D)

oh, If I see another survivor knock off or another survivor series ,that I'm not on, i'm going to bust some caps

·
Registered
873 Posts
Ahh TV.....

SUX.

But i do watch

FoxNews (Bill O'Reilly kicks ass)
The History Channel
SpeedVision
Cartoon Network (sorry, i gotta be honest on that one)

Thats about it

Anything on MTV sux shit anymore, the whole MTV programming concept has really gotten pretty pathetic.

But thats just MY take on it.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
What pisses me off is the fact that I pay for cable and they have commercials on the cable stations now!

I like speedvision
TLC
history
and Fox (Simpsons, king of the hill) :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Rug Burn said:
Don't forget MTV. ....I watched some of that Eco Challenge recently. Man, those guys and girls are seriously hardcore. Anyone check it out? Their feet were totally screwed, leeches crawling up their...:eek: , and little to no sleep for days at a time. Much respect to those guys; even team playboy, they tried :) .
Okay. I occassionally watch MTV. However, they usually show the best music videos during off peak hours. During primetime, they have those crappy specials I really hate and not music videos.

I totally missed Eco-Challenge! Damn! Tonight however, Discovery is showing Robotica! Gotta see that! Discovery & Speedvision rules! :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
TV does suck. It sucks so much I don't even have cable anymore. If I really want to watch something I go somewhere else to mooch off the fools who are paying for it. Saves me $40/mo.

·
Registered
873 Posts
The_CB_Kid said:

oh hell yea, I suggest you read his book
Got his book about 6 months ago.. VERY GOOD BOOK

:D

·
Registered
873 Posts
Adam you are so out of touch..

No, that Pokemon crap is NOT what cartoon network plays. So dont be messin with Cartoon Network!!!

Now go back to your maple syrup covered puppet nation existence you call a life and be quiet.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I enjoy cartoons as well. Not the new stuff that is written for kid viewers either. I mean the good ones, simpsons, looney toons, batman, etc. Those cartoons were intended for an adult audience.

As for Cable shows, I like Speedvision and Discovery alot. Jay Leno is a good late night show.

MTV really sucks!!! They should not call themselves Music TeleVision anymore. In order to be called that you have to show that.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Johnny Bravo and the Tick are two of the best cartoons.
I miss liquid TV.

Jackass is the only show I actually want to watch on MTV. That MTV Undressed show is crap and they should on a different channel!

P

·
0 Posts
tigerblade said:

Johnny Bravo rocks!
"Heeeyyyy, little momma."

Ed, Edd, and Eddy are cool. And what's the one with the monkey who has the over-exaggerated red-ass? That cracks me up every time I see it!

S

·
0 Posts
Pete said:
...And what's the one with the monkey who has the over-exaggerated red-ass? That cracks me up every time I see it!....
Im not saying anything.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts