Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a small problem. I need to replace my right/throttle side front turn signal. It can be changed at dealer for free cuz bike is new but they take 4 ever. So im trying it myself. I got the top shrowd piece that covers access to the 3 wires off. But on the inner fairing, there is a piece with 3 metal philips screws and one stupid plastic screwed up fastener :rolleyes: . How in the heck do i get this thing off? It just spins. yanking seems the only way. But i reserve yanking, the use of hammer and torch for my ford. what gives here. Am i better off removing the air intake tube and do it all from above. this doesnt seem possible without removal of the inner fairing piece.

------------------
Keep Your feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think you are talking about the same type used on the R1. If so, if you look real close there is a plastic pin in the center of the fastener. Just take a pointed object (small punch or phillips screw driver) and push the pin in until it clicks, then the fastener will be easy to remove. To reinstall, push the pin back thru the hole and past it's original position until it sticks out the other side, then insert fastener into the hole and push the pin back in flush with the head of the fastener using your finger.

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help and I will try/check that out. I Went on a trip for labour day long weekend and havent even looked at the bike yet.

------------------

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i finnaly got that weird screw out. It turns out that its like a screw within a screw. I had to hold outer rim of it and turn the inner piece. Finnaly took that turn signal out. Thanks for the input yamaha kid.

------------------

·
Registered
66 Posts
Toy, Your welcome for the input, sorry it wasn't any better, glad you got it figured out on your own though. :D Sounds like it's quite a "different" piece. :confused:

------------------
Marty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually what you were saying about a pin in centre of the fastener, was very simmilar to my setup. Only difference was the mechanism that would hold onto fairing and release i had no pin but would have to only turn the center piece of mine. Same concept i think. :D

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts