Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
doesn't a integrator kit move the turn signals into the taillights? how could you have a front one, when ever you go to turn wouldn't the headlight just blink?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm sorry, let me be more specific. I have seen on an R6 where there are little bulbs in the upper corners of each headlight. I was wondering if it is possible to do that with an F4i.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Absolutely..... Just drill some holes where you want to put them inside your headlight assembly, and wire yourself 2 bulbs or LED lights in there. But, do not expect anyone riding beside you to expect you coming over(unless you use hand signals when with other riders). Oh, and also, what are you going to do with the holes in your farings where your signals used to be?

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of the best kept secrets of the people selling turn signal integrators is exactly what you are buying. You are buying a $14. trailer brake light kit available at any auto parts store. When you wire it up, simply ignore the brown (tail) light wire and leave the stock tail light wire in place. Most of the integrators you can purchase have the brown wire cut off and their own "whiz-bang super-duper sportbike tail light integrator" sticker stuck on top of the unit.

As for the front signals, they are required for the "integrator" to work properly. If you don't like the stock stalks, perhaps you would be satisfied with some lockhardt flush mounts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only problem I have with putting flush mounts in is that you have to drill an even bigger hole in the fairing just to get them to fit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
my f4i is an '02 model and i have basically given up on a flush mount signal for the front. the lip from the stock light would have to be cut down and what to do about the bodyline curve from the ram air intake? i am just gonna get some short stalks until there is a model specific type of flush mount (if ever). i'm not ready to hack away at my fairings... don't know about you

later
chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts