Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Which turbo kit did you use and did you put it on or did you have someone do it for you?

I'am planning on doing a Mr. Turbo kit on my 2000 Busa next winter after I get done working on my workshop this winter so I'll have the lift and everything handy in the shop. If you did the turbo on your bike let me know of any problems you had so I know what to watch out for when I do mine. From what the Mr. Turbo kit looks like I should be able to complete it in a day and it will take a couple of days to fine tune it on the dyno to which I have access to two dyno's as long as a customer dosen't want a run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The turbo is a Anderson System. It is a step up from the MCXpress kit. Shoot Dennis ([email protected]) a email and ask him all the questions you want about turbos. He has installed and tuned over 30 of them and he know his stuff. He is also willing to help others which most people that are in the know do not do. Plus he is also in Ohio.:D Tell him Charles from Street & Track sent you. Why don't you go with the hahn or mcxpress kit?

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Wow...the limiting factors on that bike are the gearing first of all. Then if you changed the gearing the limiting factor would be Aerodynamics. I doubt that the Busa farings were designed to for 250 mph speeds.

For those speed lovers. This is the web sight of one of my old professors. He designed the engine on a land speed record motorcycle. Supposed to go over 300 mph. Not rocket propelled either. Most of the land speed bike are low flying rockets. Don't know if he ever broke the record. Has some good stats on horsepower and other stuff.

Land Speed Bike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just out of interest how does it affect your insurance for the bike ?? Has the premium doubled ??? Or did it not go up that much ??? Here in the UK you can't insure a Busa unless you have at least 3 years no claims bonus and that's bone stock.. I can imagine it would get very complicated over here anyway after fitting a tubo to that bike....... :confused: :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts