Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock '95 900SS/SP runs very lean, and the Ducati shop manual describes a procedure to richen the mixture. It says to turn the pilot screws ALL THE WAY IN and then sync the carbs and check CO (which, by the way, I have no way of checking). I checked my carbs and one screw was 8.5 turns out and the other was 4.5 turns out. Anyone every try adjusting these screws? How did it work out? In all my rice-burner tuning I've generally set these screws at 1.5-2 turns out, never all the way in..... Love my first Duc but don't want to screw it up. Suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: I set the pilot screws to 2 turns out and sync'd the carbs. Runs and idles about like I guess it should, have the rare backfire or pop. The bike came with a K&N air filter which more than likely adds to the lean running.

Next project: the 6000 mile valve service. I'm going to try it and see what happens......

·
Registered
455 Posts
BigMow said:
Update: I set the pilot screws to 2 turns out and sync'd the carbs. Runs and idles about like I guess it should, have the rare backfire or pop. The bike came with a K&N air filter which more than likely adds to the lean running.

Next project: the 6000 mile valve service. I'm going to try it and see what happens......
Doing the valves isn't that bad once you get to them. PM me if you have questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts