Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grab a copy of today's New Paper if you wanna read about it.

Apparently they are building a Speedway in Tuas starting this May. Its gonna cost 80 million and is privately owned.

3.37km, 3 pretty long straights...

its supposedly for cars....but I dont know if bikes are gonna be allowed in.

SHould be completed by March 2007.

Check out the New Paper if you wanna see the layout.......looks like a fast track.....

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just hope this is true amd not the economic developement board blowing their own trumpets again.

Privately funded ...thats great news. Might stand a chance of getting on it every now and again.
Lets see what massive mess SMSA makes of this one :crying:

I can see it now ....Sunday afternoons at the track side with sandwiches n beer ...in me armchair watching local idiots smash over priced Evo's Lancers' Subies n Civic's into armco barriers!:D

And then trying to sue the circuit cos the barriers are too hard ....oh bring it on baby BRING IT ON:twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
And pray tell Margerine ....what wire would that be. That little glimmer of hope that the authorites are interested in somebody actually enjoying themselves maybe?? Yeah right.

Of course anybody who has ever been an SBR member or raced in Malaysia won;t be allowed :D

Ah finally! the SMSA gets to wield it's rod of plasticine over something more than a car park :cool:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heard it from a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy...

was at some bar the other night and met this chap who works in SMSA. I brought up the subject of the Speedway and the issue of bikes being allowed on the track.

He said the track is ideally meant for cars and the races they are trying to introduce to Singapore.

But now they see an option of bikes as many people have roused interest in using the track for bikes and other forms of motorcycle competition.

SMSA will have some involvement according to him but think there is a bigger organisation linked to this......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts