Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite geek site posted an amazing thread/article on new implications for those Forum Trolls we all love to hate.
On Thursday, President Bush signed into law a must-pass DoJ appropriations bill which contained a little gotcha for the internet. For decades, making anonymous abusive phone calls has been a federal crime, good for up to two years behind bars -- and the term "abusive" has included threats, harassment, and the much weaker "intent to annoy." Now, that telecommunications law has been extended to include the Internet, so when you post an anonymous troll to wind up your least-favorite blogger, you may break the law. This is silly: the law needs to start taking into account the qualitative differences between things like telephones, email inboxes, blogs, and IM accounts. A 3 AM phone call is different from a post to blogger.com calling me a jerk. I don't need federal protection from that Night Elf who keeps /chickening my Orc.
C/Net article

I know one guy who's probably unaware but will lament my discovery of him somewhere

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
kanwisch said:
I know one guy who's probably unaware but will lament my discovery of him somewhere

He's probably still afraid of getting on your radar. :laughing:

Terroristic threats are one thing, but going whining to the government.... "S/he is booooooothering meeeeeee!" :crying:

Get a grip, people!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
slaps76 said:
Nice. I think it's safe to say he wins sportbikes.com "2005 Troll Of The Year" award.
"This is olson's gixxer. Fuck sidewaysducati's opinion"

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

Trolls pretty much get identified immediately and then subsequently ignored by everyone...so it kind of makes me laugh when they're around saying truly silly things! :)

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue Jays said:
Hi All-

Trolls pretty much get identified immediately and then subsequently ignored by everyone...so it kind of makes me laugh when they're around saying truly silly things! :)

~ Blue Jays ~
:laughing: I'm not sure if you realized the irony in your statement but it made me laugh.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi kanwisch-

My point being that trolls say outrageously silly things, people laugh at them in the privacy of their homes, and then nobody responds to them seriously on internet forums! They subsequently get bored and go away only to be replaced by other absurd trolls. :D

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
515 Posts
i just went back and read a bunch of olson's posts... it was a great way to waste away a couple hours of my life, very highly entertaining.

he and yellowgix made a great tagteam in one of those posts :D

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
See, we shouldnt be persecuting them, we should pay them for the entertainment!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Vash said:
"This is olson's gixxer. Fuck sidewaysducati's opinion"...

...See, we shouldnt be persecuting them, we should pay them for the entertainment!
HAHAHA! I was thinking about that just the other day! :laughing:

You're right, the entertainment value is too good to pass up!

Remember E's photoshop pic???

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
I've yet to see a troll who could hold a candle to Julian Solos. :2cents:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
spicersh said:
I knew his name would come up. He's the ubertroll. The troll warlord. Or something like that.

·
Registered
860 Posts
spicersh said:

Jesus.......Like the time he ruined a perfectly good boobie thread with she-male pics. You know you're a super troll when even Smitty hates you.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
Jesus.......Like the time he ruined a perfectly good boobie thread with she-male pics. You know you're a super troll when even Smitty hates you.
:laughing:

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
phatkidwit1eye said:
You know you're a super troll when even Smitty hates you.
I've got to see this shit.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
phatkidwit1eye said:
You know you're a super troll when even Smitty hates you.
That is factually-based hilarity :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts