Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a new Triumph Daytona 600

just wondering if anyone knew how reliable Triumphs are?
Also any opinions on the bike are welcome!

thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
i have a triumph speed 4 (duh). and though i have had a few problems i would still recommend a triumph. I had an oil leak that came from the manafuactuar (i cannot spell), and was fixed for free by the dealer. (two year warranty that comes with the bike). Also i absolutly love the look of the daytona 600 and when i pay this bike off, i just might get that one. Search the triumph board for a question like this because i know it came up. Look under oil leaks or something... anyways.. i love my bike, though it's not the fastest bike out there it still has balls ;). i cant speak for the asian bikes about there service though. anyways i say get it, it's a sweet looking bike and you should have very little problems with it.. and if you do.. well for the first two years you get them fixed for... dun dun dunnnnn FREE. IMO nothing beats free :)

anyways just my :2cents:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Triumph_S4 said:
i have a triumph speed 4 (duh). and though i have had a few problems i would still recommend a triumph. I had an oil leak that came from the manafuactuar (i cannot spell), and was fixed for free by the dealer. (two year warranty that comes with the bike). Also i absolutly love the look of the daytona 600 and when i pay this bike off, i just might get that one. Search the triumph board for a question like this because i know it came up. Look under oil leaks or something... anyways.. i love my bike, though it's not the fastest bike out there it still has balls ;). i cant speak for the asian bikes about there service though. anyways i say get it, it's a sweet looking bike and you should have very little problems with it.. and if you do.. well for the first two years you get them fixed for... dun dun dunnnnn FREE. IMO nothing beats free :)

anyways just my :2cents:
So Triumph has a basic 2 year warranty? Did they offer you an extended warranty? If they did, what were the durations/costs? A two year, standard factory warranty is attractive. Aren't most new bikes a one year factory?

·
Registered
139 Posts
they offered an extended warranty, but i couldnt afford it and i dont remember the cost or duration, sorry.

·
Registered
88 Posts
i have a speed four,

the only problem i've had with it since i bought the bike, is that the chain wears through my chair rub block, but that's mostly due to my suspension being set up wrong, the swingarm on my bike being set at such a steep angle,

that's really only a minor problem, the real problem, is that no one around here knows how to work on a triumph, if this was a japanese bike, and i had taken it to the other bike place here, i bet they would've fixed it the first try, but instead, i've had it replaced about 6 times, all at the cost of the dealer, but still,

if you have a respectable triumph dealer in your area, i say 100% go for it, if you've got dealers like where i live(a complete joke), then i'd say give it some thought,

and even though triumph_s4 said it's not the fastest bike out there, you're looking at the daytona 600, and that bike is just as fast as any of the japanese 600's, and looks better than a lot of them too,

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Have you sat on that thing? I tried it out at my dealer, and what a rack! One of the most uncomfortable riding postions I think I have been in.............no comments please!

I love my Sprint. Plenty of horsepower, great brakes, nice luggage, good looks, and so far only a couple of little nick picky things that needed some attention. Just my :2cents:

·
Registered
139 Posts
i sat on it and it seemed to be the same riding position as my Speed 4, though the seat was hard.. but for such a killer bike, i'd make the sacrifice.. afterall, you can always get an aftermarket comfey seet ;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Triumph_S4 said:
i sat on it and it seemed to be the same riding position as my Speed 4, though the seat was hard.. but for such a killer bike, i'd make the sacrifice.. afterall, you can always get an aftermarket comfey seet ;)
I know you can get a new seat, but the ergonamics of the handle bars, and foot pegs was really weird. At least for me........:) I'm too old for my ass to be above my head, and crane my neck for an entire ride.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i haven't sat on it yet. There's a Triumph/Ducati dealer close to where i live and i was planning to go check it out this weekend. One thing i know for sure is that my bike must be somewhat comfortable. I sat on the new honda 600rr's and dood THAT was uncomfortable. Hopefully the triumph isn't too bad..

The dealer is Triumph and Ducati specialized so hopefully that'll be another plus for me

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have an '02 TT600. Once the dealer sorted out the computer tune and I put an aftermarket wind screen on, it's been a very nice bike.

If you have a dealer close, that's really important. I'm between two, about 130 miles from either. That's my biggest complaint about Triumph. When I have a problem, I have to take it to them in the pickup, one Saturday. Leave it. Then go back and get it the next Saturday. It took about four of those trips last winter to get it "right".

Other than that, I've been real happy with the bike. It is comfortable. Don't know how close the Daytona is, but I have heard it is very similar.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts