Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show you guys this stuff in case anyone is interested in doing it. It looks really cool!

And it's a LOT cheaper than envision-graphix too!
check out www.tricktape.com for the skinny!

------------------
Rob G.
98 YZF600R
Vance N Hines SS2R, LP Flushmount front signals, JetKit, Second Look seatskin, Blue Tinted Windscreen, Chopped Rear Fender, K&N, Bar Sliders, lever skins...
Now Dammit, I want wings!!!

[This message has been edited by Rezin YZF (edited September 18, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
But .. How does it ... Why are they ... Ummm ?? Cool...

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
two friends did this to their bikes...

it looks great. both complain that night vision now sucks.

the one has colored bulbs, so his sucked to begin with, the other has installed piaa superwhites (or whatever they are) and claims they still aren't as good as stock

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
987 Posts
They look real good, Rob, but like Tony I'm kind of big on night vision. Once mounted, are they removable & reusable?

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
hey leon,

the kind on the r1's above is removable, but not re-usable (it's a mesh sticker). once you put it on, it's on. the guys who run the place said it is wera-legal though for racing.

ever been to club one or oxygen?

i went to bubbaland saturday (god, i loved that name). good band (if you like classic rock), but no one was there.

is your 12 green? ride with a guy on busa? i saw a 12 in huntsville yesterday fitting the description. it pained me to be a taurus rent-a-car :( :rolleyes:

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
367 Posts
One of the guys, here in S.A., has put those little blue dash lights into his headlight housing on his ZX9. It looks cool and does not hamper his lighting, while driving at night.
I am thinking about doing the same to my Katana, but I am worried about have a dead battery with the drain from the V1 and those little lights.

------------------
Todd Hoffmaster
'00 Katana 600
39 speeding tickets and now I have a V1.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Tony, I've been to Oxygen - it was cool, if you like nubile young coeds. Never been to Bubbaland. My 12 is red, with no back fender or rear taillights. As far as clubs go, what I miss is 6th street over in Austin. Me & my partners used to park our bikes over in front of Catfish Station, never even go in the clubs, and the girls would just come up and say "I want to ride this one". White, Black, Latino, Native, Oriental, island girls, all the creatures in the forest gathered to drink. Many, many adventures started right there!
Per capita, there are probably more 12's here than almost anywhere else. These fellas take their dragracing seriously. Damn, more work.......

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i've seen a few nice bikes here (can't wait to go home to mine on thursday). of course i'll be wrenching on them more than riding them.

i was in petersburg, va and fayetteville, nc for awhile. they are really big into lowering and stretching bikes there. it's cool.

but it's weird to ride a 916 and no one care because it's not lowered.

i'd love to get an old gsxr do 1/4 mile runs. i think i'd be fun.

laters,

------------------
Tony

·
Registered
186 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrf2boy:

it looks great. both complain that night vision now sucks.

the one has colored bulbs, so his sucked to begin with, the other has installed piaa superwhites (or whatever they are) and claims they still aren't as good as stock

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a envision graphix kit on mine. It really didn't dim it all that bad at night. During the day I ride with the highbeam on so it's harder to see that it's on there, but at night you can't see it. I'm sure the cops will get me sooner or later.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
766 Posts
So was it a big ceremony or just close friends. I hate to ruin the party but you should have never married her. Ride her all the time but don't marry her! Bikes really let themselves go once you marry them. Pop out a couple of 250's and she'll bloat into a Concourse before you know it. She'll sprout saddlebags, the front end gets all soft and saggy not to mention the flabby, wallowing action you get from the rear end. Enjoy her while you can. :)

James

------------------
If you're gonna ride a couch, why not just stay home?

[This message has been edited by Birdman (edited September 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
186 Posts
She's not too big. I rode this 500 once, but I like a little size. She was a tad bit small. Besides, I could always just get divorced. Maybe start seeing an R6.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts