1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what did you do, CBR?

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I put a trick kit on my ninja yesterday, and man, that was easier said than done, especially when you're using those damn cheap cutoff wheels with the dremel... molten plastic flying everywhere, cutoff wheels breaking left and right, but I think it is quite an improvement over that huge fender sticking out! Anyone else think it was a pain to put them in? :D

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I did my own...FOR FREE!!! It was easier than the other kind, and looked just as good. I recommend this rather than wasting the time and money on something that can be done with a few simple tools and about 20 minutes...next time.

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
First, I pulled off the licence plate lamp and wiring, then pulled off the reflector at the very top of the license plate mount. I used the holes from the reflector for the lamp, cut all the plastic off except for space for the mounting holes on the license plate, and sanded everything. I also rounded the corners so everything had about a 1" fillet on every corner. Much cheaper, and can be done with little time and basic tools.

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... That's a good idea.. I wish I had talked to you a week ago!! LOL Thanks for the advice!

------------------
Joe

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Yeah man, sorry you didn't. There's always next time though, and I'm sure your kit looks GREAT!!!

------------------
~Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
That Trick Kit is a joke $90 for a couple of pieces of stailess sheetmetal, pain in the A$$ to put on, but you know what, the bike looks alot cleaner now without that big fender sticking out.

THE KAT PURRS :rollin

------------------

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree REDKAT, It came in this huge box and I was like, coool! But out came this little sheet metal things! They're making alot of money off those, I think!! all profit!! :) Oh well... it does look alot better than it did!

------------------
Joe

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think we oughtta stop cuttin' on the man's recent purchase and console him in this time of sorrow. No suicides on this forum!!!

Don't worry about it man. The kits do look great, but next time you'll know to do it yourself! Just don't wanna read about another death...that's all :D :D

------------------
~Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts