Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go to your local cycle scrap yard and pick up an extra passenger peg/rt side exhaust mt. bracket for 10-30 bucks. take it home throw it in the vice and start cutting and grinding. i used a sawsall for the initial cuts to remove the castings on back side, then ground down until the entire bracket was only about 7mm thick (deep... whatever). then grind off tabs that hold the passenger peg and smooth them out. sand with progresively finer paper after a good buffing with a 3m pad die grinder. i ended with 1500 grit dry paper to match my exhaust can closely. easy. cheap. about an hour. if you followed the step where you bought an extra mount, then you still have a usable passenger peg and bracket to bolt on. oh yeah, if you go to all this trouble, unbolt that left side bracket, too. you can always put them back on in a couple minutes when some hottie wants to go for a ride on your scooter because of how trick your exhaust can mount looks...........

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
...just like you do NOW, huh?! put the peg back on when i want to ride on the back of yours and not on mine.Ha! :twofinger
Actually, it does look pretty sweet. Thnx for doing mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts