Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am heading to FL, for about a month in Dec., from DC. I want to take my bike down and I am picking up a trailer for it down there, so coming back will be no problem. However, I need to get both the car AND bike down without that trailer. I have looked into rental trailers, and they will not go one way. The only other thing that I can think of is to bribe someone to drive my car down while I will ride the bike. Any other ideas out there?? :confused:

Tyler

·
Registered
766 Posts
Well, I don't know how much you were willing to pay for a trailor had they allowed one way, but you might consider having it shipped down. It's not cheap, but niether were u-hauls last time I checked. Does anyone else know how expensive shipping is? $200? $300? It's an option anyway....

P

·
0 Posts
Idea #1: Rent a U-Haul van and a U-Haul car carrier, which you can do one-way. Put the bike in the van, and the car on the carrier.

Idea #2: Trade your car in on a pickup. :D

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
U-Haul doesn't rent trailers to go one way? That sounds strange. I rented a closed box trailer from them to go one way from Phoenix to Monterey with no problems. Have you tried all those type of rental companies? :confused:

·
Registered
987 Posts
I rented a Uhaul garden trailer (open, with ramp) one way from Tx to Al for about $139. Invest in a Canyon Dancer strap to avoid heartbreak.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: Re: this kicks

RedNinja said:

Didn't I see that someone had used that thing and they had problems with it?...

I prefer a trailer personally.
i dunno, i hadn't heard much about it...if you see the name, or remeber, shoot me a pm or reply or something...before i drop some dough on it ;)

rock on
-wil

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: Re: Re: this kicks

Starving Artist said:

i dunno, i hadn't heard much about it...if you see the name, or remeber, shoot me a pm or reply or something...before i drop some dough on it ;)

rock on
-wil
I prefer a trailer even though I have a pick-up truck. Easier for me to do everything on my own with a trailer.

Found this link...http://www.trailerinabag.com/:confused: :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys. thanks for the help. I talked to Uhaul and their motorcycle trailers are one way, but when I asked about the regular ones, they said yes. And the price isn't bad either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts