Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 07 gsxr 600 with about 16,000 miles. i ride hard yes, harder than the guy next to me? maybe, maybe not. im not out there just running the shit out of my bike but at times i do get on it and let her rip. i run suzuki synthetic racing oil and i change about every 4k miles. sometimes i shift up with out using the clutch but thats seldom. ive never had any problems with the tranny before.

friday, when it first happened, i was in third about 6k rpm's. i hit the throttle to get to about 8k, pulled in the clutch shifted to fourth(everything seemed normal at this point). when i let the clutch out it started making a noise,(like when u miss second and hit neutral. then u pull up on the shifter and it makes the grinding and clanking noise as it tries to go in) after about a second or so it finally slammed in gear. it was fine the rest of the day, then it did it again yesterday morning.

also, i noticed a whining noise(best i can describe it). when at idle i give it just a small twist(to about 4k) and on the way back to idle i can hear like a whining noise but cant tell where its coming from. im thinking the tranny maybe left side. it also does it when i get it high in the revs but only as it gets close to idle.

sorry for the huge rant but i wanted to get into as much detail as possible. im somewhat mechanically inclined but not good with tranny's. thanks a bunch in advance for any help!

sketty

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like a you bent a shift fork.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts