Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that race, what kind of training program do yall do. I'm talking like cardio and weight training. I don't race yet, but I want to start training and getting ready. I run 3 miles and do pull ups, push ups, and an ab workout.

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK...I'm not racing...but running track days and trying to get seat miles I'm learning a LOT about stamina and being a soft lop of crap. ;-)

What is working for me is lunges and squats, bicep curls, tricep pull-downs, and as much as I can do for my lats and delts.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Try going to the Combat-Cardio class at the area 2 gym. It will wipe you the hell out (not to mention it's probably got the best eye-ball liberty on the base). ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've abandoned the old program and just started hiking and mountain biking again. I don't know if it's as effective, but at least I enjoy it and I know that I'll do it. I find weight lifting pretty boring, and sometimes I don't lift because I just don't enjoy it. I'm always up for a hike or mountain bike ride, though. However, one of the fastest guys I know does nothing but sit around all day. Of course, he does race EVERY week almost year round, so I guess that'll keep you in shape.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies fellas.

And Stake, I went to a couple of the arobics classes at the French Creek Gym. Those women try to kill you. Its some nice eye candy there to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just a suggestion...in addition to weight training and cardio, I also do plyometrics and that has really helped too! As long as your staying active in sports and hitting the gym, you should be find.
Now, if you are planning on doing the Daytona 200, we would need to put together an ultimate plan!

·
Registered
200 Posts
ugh...I don't even wanna THINK about Daytona again for a long time. Well, I guess I really don't have much choice...gotta go back to the shop now...must... build... superstock... motors... AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Daytona and Laguna are the most stressful races of the season for me. Dunno why, but anything that could go wrong, always does at those two races. Ah, well. At least untill then, we've just got some nice, mellow club races. It's Friday. Time for pizza and beer. Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts