Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front wheel drive civic. I can get a hitch, but all are rated at 200 lbs and 2000 lbs max pull. Even if the hitch won't be pulled out of my carriage I still don't know if my car has the torque. I live in the city and don't have much room in my garage. I am not going to buy a truck. I have seen a VW passat wagon pull a 4 x 8 utility trailer loaded with a bike, canopy, gas cans, and generator, so I know it can be done.

Has anyone used the following trailers?:
http://www.bikelug.com/
http://www.stingertrailer.com/

Do you have any other ideas on a similar or cheaper product?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I like this one because its low to the ground, foldable, and all together when folded up (no lost peices)

a small review

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i have a hyundai 112whp and 125wtq dyno tuned (stock). i pull a harbor freight 4x8 trailer. the one with 12" wheels and able to carry 1150lbs. i also added E-track and alot of extra crap. total weight of the trailer is now about 450lbs. so the weight of the trailer, plus my 430lb bike, myself, a passenger, 5 drawer craftsman tool box, full, spare wheels/tires, misc crap. my car pulls it great. all on 3hrs of freeway driving at 75mph and still getting 25.3mpg :D

do a search and you'll find a write up and alot of pics of my setup.

also flamingemu has the same basic set-up and pulls it with his civic.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ocho,

I see you are in Austin, but the trailer site you posted is in the UK. The UK site does not mention dealer locations. Where did you get your tailer, or a site, and how much did you pay?

thanks

·
Registered
452 Posts
a while back when i was looking for a trailer to pull my dirtbike i fell upon it on the web.
I didnt get it, (realy like it and later in time i will get).
i got one from craigslist for $30 thats just a bolt-on (no licence plate fee's:thumb:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts