Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I have been shopping around for a utility trailer to trailer my bike. What would be a good size trailer to comfortably fit 2 bikes? I was looking into maybe a 5x8 but I wasn't sure if that was big enough. I have a pickup so I would like to be able to put one bike in the bed and two bikes on the trailer so My friend, and my cousin can go to track days with me :D Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
675 Posts
look for a used 2 place snowmobile trailer. You can find them cheap. Simple mods and your up and running. If your creative you could even have it set up for 3 bikes. In case you have an extra biker go with you... Also it makes it really nice if you transport one bike to have a spot set up in the middle of the trailer for it.

·
Premium Member
4,824 Posts
You should take into consideration the types of bikes and the width from the straps. For example if you are going to use canyon dancers to transport you can pretty much assure that the 5x8 not be large enough for a side by side transport. The support straps stretch out fairly wide with those. If you are doing a busa you can pretty much forget it. I have seen people put two bikes together side by side, one is facing the fron and the other is facing the rear. Not saying this is the best way, but just saying it is a way.

I would probably look for something a little wider with more room. Better to be safe than sorry. You should also measure out the span (width) of the straps you will be using. That should give you a good idea of how your bikes should be transported.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. I have been looking at the strapless transport system. It bolts to the floor and a rod goes through the stand and through the rear axle and then locks in place. All I would have to do is then put one strap up front just so the front is secured. I will prolly never have a busa on there. Just a gsxr, ducati 748, and/or an F4i. I am going to do some more research and take some measurements. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
I just towed my R1 and a friends 929 RR to Deal's Gap from the coast of NC on my 5x8. Didn't have any problems at all, and had plenty of room left over for luggage. Next spring I will probably tow both my Yamahas (which I've already checked for fit). I may need to fold the mirrors in, but they fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts