Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow Robert, do you keep records of max usage and all that good stuff? Today seems like it'd have to be a record day. I saw 78 users, and 89 guests online, damn! Board seems to be going strong in a big way, more people every day.

Keep up the great work Robert... and moderators, except RCJohn, you suck! :D

S

·
0 Posts
Rob Nance said:
Wow Robert, do you keep records of max usage and all that good stuff? Today seems like it'd have to be a record day. I saw 78 users, and 89 guests online, damn! Board seems to be going strong in a big way, more people every day.

LOL!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Rob Nance said:

Don't start with me Robbie. :rolleyes::p

;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, I just noticed your little title tigerblade, pretty funny :D

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
We are getting about 15-30 new members daily. ;)

W00! H00!

The riding season is upon us!

P.S. No, I don't keep records, but we've had over 250 (members and guests) online at once a few times in the past.

·
Registered
28 Posts
CycleWorld.com's forum took a major shit the last few days as well, that can't hurt. Personally I like this site better, but CW seems faster (when it's up, LOL) for me.

Thanks Robert for responding to my email, I think it's time for more bandwidth or more processors!

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
asmith said:
Thanks Robert for responding to my email, I think it's time for more bandwidth or more processors!
One thing that might be slowing things down for you a little.

Netscape versions 4.X and 5.X seem to have problems with the HTML code of our forum, while Internet Explorer and Netscape 6.X do not have any problems.

What browser (and version) are you running? About 93% of our visitors use Internet Explorer so I have optimized the site towards them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm using Win2k and IE 5.50.4522.1800 (helluva version number eh?). I'll run the update, but I don't think it's my browser.

I wonder if it's a backbone bandwidth problem between your area and mine... I am on the east coast (near Philadelphia).

From my DSL connection at home I get about 40ms pings from you, about 30 of which are latency on my DSL line and there are about 8-10 hops to www.sportbikeworld.com from there... which shouldn't be too bad.

PS, If I am the only one it probably isn't worth fixing...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not just you, mine also has a long pause before it starts to load the message, forum, etc. Once it is done pausing, the threads come up fast, but it looks like it's having trouble getting the ball rolling. It could be the number of people trying to access threads, dunno. I have a T3 at work basically, and cable modem at home, both capable of at least T1 or near T1 speed any time of the day.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have DSL and the only thing that takes long in the forums seems to be pictures(avatars, smileys, even the on-site smileys...) But that's it, other than that it loads fast. I have IE 5.5 on win98se

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
I've removed the Instant message icons at the bottom of each post that check to see if you are onlne or not. Seems to have sped things up some for me at least.

I'll continue to try some other ideas I have for the database speed later this weekend.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow! Yes Robert, I thought that usage was just low right now or something. That definitely helped, makes sense too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Robert said:
I've removed the Instant message icons at the bottom of each post that check to see if you are onlne or not. Seems to have sped things up some for me at least.

I'll continue to try some other ideas I have for the database speed later this weekend.
Oh yeah, major difference for me. I can definitely tell already. I wonder if reducing the number of small icons that have to load would continue to make a difference.

Thanks Robert! You have got to be the most responsive webmaster on the planet. Realtime-feedback-website-design-changes. Sweet.

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
asmith said:

Oh yeah, major difference for me. I can definitely tell already. I wonder if reducing the number of small icons that have to load would continue to make a difference.
Good idea, I'll see if I can optimize those this weekend also.

Thanks Robert! You have got to be the most responsive webmaster on the planet. Realtime-feedback-website-design-changes. Sweet.
I'm always nice to my fellow team green riders. I really HATE those Suzuki guys though. ;)

(Just Kidding!)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would have to guess that reducing the others would be minimum, right? The reason I assumed that removing the "online" button was because it had to query people, or query the system, to find out who is online and offline. Just my 2 cents.

Kawasakis, what are those? Oh, you mean lap traffic? muhahahaha! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts