Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Can you imagine coming up on a procession like that in thick fog? I would have been absolute toast if they hadn't been preceeded by cars with flashing lights!

This is fairly common in NZ - along with sheep too :( Oh well at least we don't have too many deer!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankfully, the cowboys around here are smart enough to only move livestock around in fairly good conditions. They also usually have a couple vehicles to stop traffic.

On the other hand, I've been happily tooling down this road, rounded the bend to see "Walt" a nearly 2,000 pound bull, pondering astrophysics or something in the middle of the road. He was easily as big as a small van. If you hit one of those dudes, they'll win and likely gore you just for fun.

And to think some cowboys ride those things :eek:

Sheep are perhaps the stupidist 4-legged critters on the planet.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Tahoe said:

Sheep are perhaps the stupidist 4-legged critters on the planet.:rolleyes:
"land maggots" is what our guide called them when we rode up on them in the Tetons.

·
Registered
702 Posts
THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH SHEEP! THERE'S LOTS OF PEOPLE IN ALABAMA THAT LIKE SHEEP! LMAO

To Distance myself, although some would say, "not by much", I'm in SC. The worst thing we have around here is Posums from the previous nights roadkill. Big ones too, like 10 pounders! Big Enough to Rival a Dear head mounted on the wall LMAO Everyone I'm sure has done the dance of death with a squirrel?

·
Registered
624 Posts
minfinger said:
Everyone I'm sure has done the dance of death with a squirrel?
I always took the NASCAR approach with squirrels and aimed right for them, figuring they would be gone by the time I got there. I also figured they would be the big loser if we hit. However, I've rethought that having read someone else's post that they got taken down by a collision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts