Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Streets of Willows is all i know of. It's about 2 hours north from OC. I'm curious to know if there are any others as well. Does anyone know if you can ride California Speedway in Fontana?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
There is one group that has been doing days at Fontana, Ca Speed Dreams I believe.

Nothing real close Robert, Fontana (1 hour north and not worth the drive), Willow (2.5-3 hours north), Buttonwillow (2.5-3 hours north).

·
Registered
200 Posts
You've got Fontana (A.K.A. "Fontucky") Buttonwillow, and Willow. I actually think they're all pretty good tracks. Lots of fun.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Looks like PeanutBrit and me might be doing a day at Fontucky this coming weekend (hopefully the same day?? but we'll see).

My initial reluctance to recommend it stems from it's simple infield layout and complete lack of elevation changes. However, when it's 20 minutes from home and price drops to $125 (instead of all the previous offers of 200+) it becomes a tad more enticing.:D :D

Just to update you Hammer, there is also an offer from fastrack riders for this coming weekend on the 12/13/14 sat/sun/mon!!!!!

Wanna go????

Brit is talking about Monday but sat or sun works better for me and I'm waiting to hear back if she'll change her preference. How about you?? Anything workable on your schedule.

Robert? Wanna come out and play? Just 320 miles from P AZ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
apexismaximus said:
Looks like PeanutBrit and me might be doing a day at Fontucky this coming weekend (hopefully the same day?? but we'll see).

Is there any more information on this event? I might be able to go on the 14th as long as I buy my leather pants before than.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
apexismaximus said:

My initial reluctance to recommend it stems from it's simple infield layout and complete lack of elevation changes. However, when it's 20 minutes from home and price drops to $125 (instead of all the previous offers of 200+) it becomes a tad more enticing.:D :D

Just to update you Hammer, there is also an offer from fastrack riders for this coming weekend on the 12/13/14 sat/sun/mon!!!!!

Wanna go????

Brit is talking about Monday but sat or sun works better for me and I'm waiting to hear back if she'll change her preference. How about you?? Anything workable on your schedule.

Robert? Wanna come out and play? Just 320 miles from P AZ?
Do I wanna go..???????? dude I'm already going on the 13th..but alas...w/o my bike, as it is WRECKED...:mad: Had to avoid a rider in front of me a week ago last Sat..the dude didn't have a working brake light, and like...stops almost mid turn, I had no where to go..either hit him, or run up over a curb, so I took the curb, did a mini highside..bent both rims, and some other stuff..anyways..I'll be there with some friends..let me know if your going.. sure wish I could ride..:mad: :(

I hope to have my bike ready for the 4th of Aug..they are having a trackday on the ama course...but the cost is $175.00..:D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Correction from previous post- the days are Fri/Sat/Sun the 12/13/14th part was correct.

Anyway, I'm going on Sunday the 14th if there's still space. Let me know if your gonna be there that day too?

Sorry to hear about your bike!!! Where were you riding?

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
apexismaximus said:
Correction from previous post- the days are Fri/Sat/Sun the 12/13/14th part was correct.

Anyway, I'm going on Sunday the 14th if there's still space. Let me know if your gonna be there that day too?

Sorry to hear about your bike!!! Where were you riding?
I'll only be there Sat...

Was riding up around the rock store..just making a simple left turn..at the end of Piuma..:rolleyes:

have fun..Sunday..and bring some Gas...:rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Hammer 4 said:

..and bring some Gas...:rolleyes: :D

:D :D :D

Hey, at least I ran out close enough to push it back to the pits!!

I woulda died if they had to flag the track and send out the truck to haul me back in.

And at least one thing good about Fontana is it's not out in BFE, there's actually food and gas within 1/4 mile of the gates!!:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts