Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. soo.... those of us who thought Sept was gonna be our last chance to hit Grattan are pleasantly suprised to hear that there is going to be another on Saturday Oct 15th...

no instructional group - same as this last trackday.. so open to riders only who have been to Grattan before - kinda more of a layed back relaxed day with low rider numbers...

so if you're interested call Jim after 7pm (if you dont' have his number already then just email) or email him at [email protected] anytime to get your name on the list and discuss payment ..

I dont' think its gonna be on his website either...

Also... instead of staying at Stonebed Inn... I asked Jim and Karoline to join us at the Amerihost in Ionia instead... this way we can enjoy the Hot Tub and softer beds... ;) (their rates are very similar to candlestone also) so if anyone wants to discuss sharing rooms to cut the cost down.. speak up!

I'll find their information in a second and add back on here for folks to get their own reservations... unless any of you want to share a room with some of us then we'll just split the room rates when we get there... but I'll need to know the head count :thumb:

E.

Amerihost Inn & Suites
423 Brown Blvd
Ionia, MI 48846

(616) 527-2200 phone
(616) 527-8419 phone
(616) 527-2293 fax
[email protected] email

Check in 3 pm Check out 12:00 pm
Indoor Heated Pool
Whirlpool & Sauna
Exercise Facilities
Whirlpool Suites Available
Non-Smoking Rooms Available
Complimentary Continental Breakfast
In-Room Coffee Maker
In-Room Safe
AM/FM Clock Radio
25"
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hotel location... 20 min from track just about somewhere in there LOL...

Hmmm..... well internet rate was $64 but said all rooms sold out.. call in and the rate is $ 78 with 8 rooms left with 2 double beds each .. and if we got 10 rooms then the rate would be $ 68 - which means there would have to be 2 jacuzzi rooms added in there at $ 90 each :rolleyes:

Sooooo..... it looks like the regular room rate would be $ 25 more a night than Candlestone... but you can fit more in a room at Amerihost to split that rate???

why can't anything be easy :twofinger what the hell would they be just about sold out for in that lil dinky ass town :confused:

E.
 

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 5 rooms blocked off for us all.. so let me know if you want to take one of them.... between TSBR - us - and the crew we shouldn't have a problem fillin them .... I'd just like to keep a head count so I know if we end up needing more.. so tell me if you mind sharing with others or not... you can pm or post here...

Almightys, John, Linkinpark (missed you two monday).... are ya'll comin out?

E.
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hotel update...

Blocked Rooms are under the group name of Trackoholics

They are currently sold out on 2 double bed rooms - if we need more than the 5 reserved the guy at the desk said we can get the whirlpool rooms at the same rate of $ 78.00 instead of $ 90.00 But they only have 1 king bed but lot's of floor space for airmattress or roll-a-ways :p

Come on Steve.. jump off the fence and come on out.. it's gonna be nice still and it'll be our last trackday for 6 MONTHS :eek:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
JamesZX10R said:
Cool news E......Were there, .......how about you Pete?? you going?? Nine29??
I wish...but I'm still rehabbing my knee. :( A couple of guys from our ©Grattan TrackPack are heading to the Gap next week and I'm missing out on that too...:crying: :crying: :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,622 Posts
DreamRyder said:
Hotel update...

Blocked Rooms are under the group name of Trackoholics

They are currently sold out on 2 double bed rooms - if we need more than the 5 reserved the guy at the desk said we can get the whirlpool rooms at the same rate of $ 78.00 instead of $ 90.00 But they only have 1 king bed but lot's of floor space for airmattress or roll-a-ways :p

Come on Steve.. jump off the fence and come on out.. it's gonna be nice still and it'll be our last trackday for 6 MONTHS :eek:

E.
i know i know but dont count me in for the rooms as I woul dhave a place to stay already
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh I know steve... but that dont' mean I dont' want ya to still hop by the hotel and socialize for a few before you head to your family's ;)

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Hey E....looks like our decision on when we go, and where we stay is gonna have to be a last min type thing. So it doesnt really help in being able to plan ahead:( , But if we end up coming up the night before, Ionia sounds alot better than staying in Bedrock with the Flinstones!...and hot tubbing too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
DreamRyder said:
Hotel location... 20 min from track just about somewhere in there LOL...

Hmmm..... well internet rate was $64 but said all rooms sold out.. call in and the rate is $ 78 with 8 rooms left with 2 double beds each .. and if we got 10 rooms then the rate would be $ 68 - which means there would have to be 2 jacuzzi rooms added in there at $ 90 each :rolleyes:

Sooooo..... it looks like the regular room rate would be $ 25 more a night than Candlestone... but you can fit more in a room at Amerihost to split that rate???

why can't anything be easy :twofinger what the hell would they be just about sold out for in that lil dinky ass town :confused:

E.
October is national visit your daddy in Prison month
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no problem James... seems like there are a few waiting till last minute to make their plans...

for us girls there'll be 4 that I know of.. Me, Judi, Virginie, and Eddie.... good count! especially since I've been the only girl riding all summer till V. came out from Ohio last time :thumb:

Bill... that's one long ass drive for ya hun :eek: - :twofinger when ya coming back out????

E.
can't wait for the Hot Tub ... ahhh... can feel the bubbles already.... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
i'll be driving out the same morning, bringing one of my (slightly obnoxious) old guy neighbors who wants to see what the track is all about. he restores vintage bikes like i do and is thinking about racing them, probably AHRMA. stay away from him at all costs! or you'll get stuck hearing about his bikes until your ears bleed
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL... so in other words I may not want to camp under your tent this round :p or should I come up and start doing signlanguage so he thinks I'm def and no sense in talking to me :D

Good to see you are coming out.... let's hope we get a few more warm days again before it stays 50 something like they are callin for THIS weekend.... :cool:

E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
it's only going to be 50 way up there by the fookin' bridge where you live - down here it'll be low 60's. hell, you guys might even get some *gasp* snow way up there.
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
icantslowdown said:
it's only going to be 50 way up there by the fookin' bridge where you live - down here it'll be low 60's. hell, you guys might even get some *gasp* snow way up there.
LOL... you and your bridge.... ya know they outta have one from Caseville over to Tawas ... that would be cool :D

hush with the 50 deg talk, before I beat you :moon:

E.
 

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
Joined
·
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so far I have 3 rooms taken... and if no one speaks up for the other 2 by tomorrow... I will be cancelling those extra rooms...

E.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top