FZR400Tony said:

most of the comments i get on them are:

"did your boyfriend pick them out for you"

"i haven't seen that many colors since the sixties"

"do you need earplugs for your leathers or the bike"

when i raced the 400--"the only thing louder than your bike are those leathers"

"well, it should be easy to find something to match those"

and my favorite--"your leathers are......interesting"

i did like the peacock one though. they were cheap, full armour and dainese. something had to give and it was style.... :)

I couldnt help it Tony.....at least its better than being called
"Darth Vader" due to my all black ensemble...Leathers, helmet, visor, gloves, boots....lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Sucking

Tony. That is what this sport is all about. Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes you're the bug.

Read my R.A.C.E. thread and you'll learn all about sucking.

BTW I used your idea about taking a clipboard when I raced this w/e. It was very helpful to be filling out the entry forms while waiting in line. I also used it to keep my race schedule and track map on. So much of your advice about racing has helped a LOT. Thanks, Bro.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Wow! I forgot to tell you how well it worked for me, last month. That was a great insight and suggestion. (High Five!) :D

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
no problem guys. there are tons of things you pick just from going to the track and watching what others do.

cam--i rather be darth vader... :) :p actually i think all black would work for me (black bike, black truck, black trailer, black boxers). :)

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Next time someone gives you crap about your leathers just tell them that it's because you ride so hard and fast that you have to be beacon bright to be found by the corner workers after a crash.

"My last highside was so bad they needed satelite recon to find me!!!!!!! If it wasn't for the leathers I'd still be out there!!!"
:D :D :D :twofinger

·
Registered
76 Posts
Track Day

:thumb: :drool: :p :D

I just did my very first Track Day out here in Phoenix on May 26th.
I am so hooked now!
I was a bit nervous at first, but after 2 instuctors from Team AZ gave me the thumbs up on my riding, I felt more confident.
I have been riding for 6 years, and did I mention I am a female:drool: and I can't believe I waited this long to do it.
There are only 4 of us females that are out on the track against all that testosterone, lol. I must say, we do a fine job keeping up with the rest. I will be doing the next 1/2 track day in July, I can't wait. Anyone interested there are pics of me on the track at:

http://www.cecilwalker.com/photosite/motorsports.html

(thankyou Cecil for the great pictures)

I am under Team Arizona Track Day/misc.honda bike
I am the only one with pink on the front and no plastics. I took them all off just in case.
Any of you planning to go in July, see you there (I will be working the gate).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts