Sportbike World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the usual... who's going and when and where ya stayin?

may do the candlestone to visit with everyone before hand if I get an early enough start out... otherwise I'll be doin the campin thing again at the track :p

Can't believe this is the last trackday of the season... where the hell did this year go :confused:

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear... I have my lil ol trailer loaded and ready...

I'll have to freeload under your tent again.. that was pretty nice ;)

any of the rest going? I know Steve (shasty) said he wasn't.... :(

it better be as nice Monday as it was today.... :drool:

E.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm not going to this, but I am going to the open test and tune this Friday at Gingerman...anybody going to be there for that?

Mike

·
Registered
347 Posts
what's the dilly-yo on the friday test n tune? i'd be willing to go if i could get a couple people to split gas costs.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
icantslowdown said:
DOH! i don't have the big tents here, just my 10x10 popup. i'll have to see if matt can go pick them up.
LOL... well surely don't do that on my account... :p if you're gonna be alone and your 10x10 is enough then my f4i can just get a tan... she's use to being in the sun anyways at the track... :D

You driving up in the AM?

E.

·
Registered
347 Posts
yup - if i was going by myself i'd go up the night before and split a room with someone at the stone bed inn, but my buddy matt's going and sunny might be going as well.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh boy hopefully sonny aint' got no more hard feelings about the trailer ordeal LOL

I still aint' decided if I wanna sleep on a rock or on my nice soft mattress in the back of the burb... the others want me to come to Stonebed Inn to socialize the night before... so may do that and still sleep in my burb and then just shower in someoneelses room or at the track... ain't like we gonna be gettin on the track first thing in the morning anyways... ;)

see ya at the track ... :thumb:

E.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AWESOME DAY it turned out to be (after 10 AM that is) rain went away, sun came out, had a good breeze all to dry the track off nicely ... temp was around low 70 just right to not sweat your ass off :thumb:

NOW let's hope Oct 15th brings some nice weather for yet another trackday :drool: and as long as my work don't get in the way.... (dont' know yet who's been assigned to do the open house that weekend :( - Me or the Owner's Son?)

good to see ya there Steve-Almightys and thanks for the help unloading :thumb:

tks again jim and arshag and hmmm sorry forgot the 3rd fellas' name :eek: for lettin me squeeze in and share the tent space :D

E.
btw... my new enclosed trailer and wide ramp allowed me to load up my bike all by myself :p - now I gotta practice unloading by myself :cool:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yes it turned out to be an EXCELLENT day! My first time running Grattan backwards - what a hoot. I skipped the first two sessions since slicks & wet pavement don't mix well, but after that the track dried up nicely except for the river between 1 and 2. Once you get the hang of carrying your front tire down 10 to the bus stop, and trying to modulate the wheelies off the back hump, the track comes together nicely. A badly sprained ankle kept me from hustling like I would have liked to, but it sure beat sitting at home! Only 2 crashes the entire day, 1 was ridden back to the pits, and no ambulance runs.

You're always welcome under our canopies E, although MATT would probably be deeply hurt that you forgot his name already...

It was nice meeting you Steve - I'm sure we'll be seeing you out at some of the other trackdays.

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
icantslowdown said:
You're always welcome under our canopies E, although MATT would probably be deeply hurt that you forgot his name already...

:love: I can feel the love all way up here by the bridge (lol) well don't be tellin Matt and he won't know any different ;)

mental reminder.. matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, matt, :p ok think I got it...

E.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts