Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I need some recommendations as to which track to go for track days. Streets of Willow? I might have posted to this effect sometime ago, but can't find the thread. For the tracks you'll be recommending, will I need to have my street bike, at least, safety wired? Also, I think I visited Streets of Willow's site and noticed that they had only a limited schedule as far as spectator's events. Why so? I thought this would be a great way for me to get acclimated to the track before I bring my bike for track days. The track that I went to back in W. VA had spectator events, (WERA, CCS) practically every month 'til sometime in November. And it snows on the east coast, unlike SoCal.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The "STREETS" is not the "main" attraction @ WILLOW SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY. The claim to their fame if the "FASTEST TRACK IN THE WEST"...........The main 9T track! ;)

The main track has more month-to-month usage than the STREETS. BTW........FASTTRACK was the "open" track group but have since moved to CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY as their "home" facility. BOTH WILLOW & CALIFORNIA ARE "GREAT" TRACKS TO GET YOUR SPEED AND LEANS ON! :cool:

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Wether this is your first track day, or your 101st...the Streets are a ton o fun..I've done a few tarcks, and the I still go back to the streets almost every month. The folks that put on a pretty good track day at the streets is the same folks who do the MSF course..2 groups..20 min. on 20 mins. off, so ya plenty of track time, they also provide donuts and juice in the morning, and a good lunch..and although it's NOT a riding school, the MSF instructors are ther to offer any help ya might need, from learning lines to riding faster...all this for $99.00 limited to 30 riders in each group..so it's not crowded, and they won't put up with any hooliganizum on the track, it's a time for fun..here's a link, have a look..also check their gallery for some pic's of the track days in the past..

www.ccriderlosangles.com

·
Founder
4,761 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
Wether this is your first track day, or your 101st...the Streets are a ton o fun..I've done a few tarcks, and the I still go back to the streets almost every month. The folks that put on a pretty good track day at the streets is the same folks who do the MSF course..2 groups..20 min. on 20 mins. off, so ya plenty of track time, they also provide donuts and juice in the morning, and a good lunch..and although it's NOT a riding school, the MSF instructors are ther to offer any help ya might need, from learning lines to riding faster...all this for $99.00 limited to 30 riders in each group..so it's not crowded, and they won't put up with any hooliganizum on the track, it's a time for fun..here's a link, have a look..also check their gallery for some pic's of the track days in the past..

www.ccriderlosangles.com
W00p! Make sure you remind me of this once I have finished my move!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts