Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: Tourist Trophy game

Lost Nomad said:
ask again in about a week when I get it as a b-day present for myself :D
lol those always seem to be the best presents

·
Registered
71 Posts
I bought it today and its pretty sweet...Everything loks just like gran turismo except there are motorcycles... Pretty nice...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Damn, sucks that they put a sweet game only on the crappy playstation...:twofinger

Uh, seriously though are they going to put it out for Xbox?

-M-

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Its basicly a motorcycle mod for gt4. They put it on the ps2 because its easy to start from a previous gaming engine and just add content. They made it for the ps2 to start off on so they would be known as a motorcycle simulation.

When (and if) they make another motorcycle simulation game for the ps3, they'll have this game under their belt that people remember since its not some crappy game put together in a few months.

·
Registered
227 Posts
mstrand_68 said:
Damn, sucks that they put a sweet game only on the crappy playstation...:twofinger

Uh, seriously though are they going to put it out for Xbox?

-M-

I believe that the GT series is a Playstation only franchise (like Mario for Nintendo). So you won't be seeing it for XBOX or 360.

But you never know.

·
Registered
515 Posts
isn't tourist trophy also playstation's answer to xbox's motogp games?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Lost Nomad said:
I don't know if that was the reason, but I think that the MotoGP series will still hold on due to the platform specific marketing and the arcade versus simulation gameplay.

There is currently another motorcycle game out for the PS2. Don't know the name exactly but it is something like Suzuki TT Challange. Haven't played it though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked this game up last night and played a bit. Damn I gotta say this is one hard game. Not 100% real as far as sims go, but very well done. The only complaint I have is braking seems to be a little long compared to the real bike (not that I have practical experience with all bikes, just two now...). You need to prepare for corners quite a bit earlier than you would expect. There are a ton of settings. Even going so far as rider position while cornering.

I would recomend the game to anyone who enjoys being frustrated for a few hours lol

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I picked up a copy of the game last night, and played it for about 4 hours. Its entertaining, but a lot of things about it piss me off.

1. Even a little bit of front brake could cause an endo. When riding (for real) I have grabbed the front brake so hard it actually locks, and it did not endo.

2. rear brake can be pulled as hard as possible and all at once with no conciquences. In real life, you would end up in a skid.

3. The accelleration and braking times are a bit off.

there are others, but those are my major complaints. It is obvious the creators have no practical experience with streetbikes.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
fauzt0 said:
i heard suzuki tt challenge is suck!
yes yes it does.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Lost Nomad said:
Moto GP series came on PS2 first, I remember playing the first one, and it was before XBOX came along. Moto GP 1-4 are out on PS2, and XBOX may have the 4 as well. I think what you're referring to is Moto GP 06 for XBOX 360, And I'm guessing there will be a PS3 version of it as well, probably retitled Moto GP 07.

Tourist Trophy is the answer to Gran Turismo fans, but for motorcyclist enthusiasts this time. They're testing out the market for gamers response and future release. That's why TT is very limited in gameplay compared to how Gran Turismo is designed.

Vash said:
yes yes it does.
Not really, if it was for PS2, I liked it, better than Moto GP 1-3. It provides more variety of bikes and a bit more realism, though it's not perfect. Plus one of the few m/c games to add v-twin bikes. And only one track, but that's the whole point of Isle of Man TT.

·
Registered
515 Posts
kinda like how the first GT? that's good, I didn't really care for GT after the 3rd one... its still fun, but c'mon, 24hr endurance races? B-spec mode to tell someone else how to drive when its a driving game and its you who should be behind the wheels... only so you could speed up the time and finish the race faster. A few of em would be cool, something to spend a rainy weekend doing, but GT4 just had too many of them.

I will be pissed if TT turns out like that.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It doesn't look like there are any plans to move TT to the Xbox, but there could be. IGN has heard nothing of it and neither has EB and Gamespot. From what I've read, this game seems like it would frustrate me more than it would be entertaining. Especially if the braking is that far off, but it could be because the PS2 only has 3 states (off, light, and hard) for its buttons unlike xbox and xbox 360 wich have much more due to an increased pressure sensativity. Oh well, there is always the PS3 and hopes for anouther. Mabey a Road Rash style game like there were on the Genesis:D

Sepias

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Lost Nomad said:

I will be pissed if TT turns out like that.
SPOILERS: It's not, you can only race 4 bikes per race (which is a dissapointment). But since they're using GT 4 engine with modified details, they couldn't afford to use more bike at the engine or PS2 capabilities at this time, or so they say. They said bikes have more details to account for than cars, such as exposed engine or headers, etc. It's assumed that TT is more detailed and smoother in game play than GT4. And because of budget, and a 10 months deadline, they could only dish out two modes, simulation and arcade. No online play. You start out with limited bikes and to get more, you have to unlock it through winning races and license tests, unlike GTs, where you could buy the vehicles. The guy who designed the game is an ex-road racer, an avid fan of bikes, and owns the cbr600rr, among others.

I haven't played it myself, waiting for blockbuster to pick it up.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts