Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I totaled the ZX6 the other night, being a squid... Lesson learned here is: Always wear protective gear and don't be squidly in front of friends... My left side is tore to hell just like my bike. The whole front and left side of the bike is f*cked. I'm just waiting on State Farm to tell me how much it's worth to them so I can get another one! Take a look at the pics of it in the photo forum! Uh-oh, time for more antibiotics now....

-jd

·
Registered
766 Posts
JDwkuZX6 said:
Well, I totaled the ZX6 the other night, being a squid... Lesson learned here is: Always wear protective gear and don't be squidly in front of friends...
-jd
You're probably in some pain and the last thing you want to hear is "We told you so." So I won't say it.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Re: Re: Totaled my bike the other night..

Birdman said:
You're probably in some pain and the last thing you want to hear is "We told you so." So I won't say it.
I don't have a problem with that. "WE TOLD YOU SO!"

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just checked out the pics.

Your bike should NOT be totalled. Not even close. Looks to me like you just need some plastics, a headlight and a pipe. The rear subframe is intact, the forks are unscathed, wheels look fine, tank appears to be ok. Maybe you need a left case cover.

Too bad about your injuries, but from the looks of the bike it doesnt appear you were going too terribly fast.

details?

·
Registered
236 Posts
ditto

I also just checked the photos... dare I suggest that it looks rideable?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
You guys may be right. I took it to the local shop for an estimate, and from them just looking at it, they said it was for sure totaled. BUT, they haven't done an "official" estimate on it yet, so I'm not sure how much it will cost. All the plastic is wrecked except for the right rear piece, and Im guessing all that plastic will be around a grand? The headlight assembly is busted, along with the instrument cluster, and the metal framing thats around the instrument cluster/windshield area, I dont know what its called. Plus the left exhaust is bent, and that's about all I can tell. I only paid $3600 for the bike, so I'd love to fix it if it's possible.
And the way that this all happened was pretty embarrasing, so I wont go into too much intimate detail, but tragically, I wasn't impressing any girls (but they do love to help take care of me :) ).. But damage is done, and lesson is learned. Now I want to try to find the cheapest place to buy replacement parts for my baby. Any ideas?

-jd

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm glad your ok.

as for parts try to buy after market parts preferably lighter than any of your damaged stock parts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
frame bent

Well, i just found out that the rear part of the frame is bent... I think that would cost a lot to fix/replace. I was hoping to repair it myself and put on some aftermarket body pieces, but I don't know how much that is going to cost to fix the frame.. Any ideas? Also, does anyone have a rough guess on how much it costs to get the aftermarket body pieces painted? And where can I find the color code for my paint?
thanks,
jd

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the same bike and it cost me about $400 to get all the left side plastic , front fender, upper fairing and both mirrors painted. It would have been an extra couple of hundred to paint the rest of the bike. Too bad it's the left side that's trashed. I have a couple of right side pieces that are just sitting around.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kawajockey - where did you get all your plastic? and where did you get it painted? that is really cheap compared to what ive been quoted. the stupid dealer here in BG won't have my estimate until atleast tuesday! they've had the bike since thursday afternoon..... i wish i could atleast be working on it myself or something, this is killing me driving the cage all of the time!

-jd

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I got my estimate back from the local shop here for repairs on my bike: $6500 !!!!!!! Holy sh!t, thats almost twice what the bike is worth... also, it appears my forks are a little tweaked too, with the handlebar straight, the wheel is a little to the left. the force from the wreck also broke off the stop tab on the lower triple clamp that keeps the bars from hitting the tank... well, hopefully i can fix it all, its up to State Farm now to see how much they are gonna give me.. also, will they pay for my helmet too? on top of my settlement even though they are totalling it out and im buying it back?

-jd

1 - 15 of 15 Posts