Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was anyone on the Topanga Canyon/Venice ride last night? There must have been 100 bikes. Here was the approx. breakdown that I remember, there are alot of rich kids with new bikes around here:

30 new Blue R1's
20 new Blue/white Gixxer 1k's
5 Zx7s
3 zx9's (I have one)
5-10 TL1000's
couple Aprilia's
alot of newer F4's and 900RR and 929RR's, maybe 30

By far the R1 is the most popular bike in LA.

I didn't look around a whole lot but there was pretty much every sportbike represented.

Everyone drove pretty responsibily; fast, but safe. I saw a guy on a KTM do the highest stoppie Ive seen in my life, damn near vertical and he paused it at the stoplight for a bit.

I also learned a new lane change trick. Instead of using your blinker in a group, you stick your foot out which way you want to go, was kinda neat, much quicker than signal light.

zx9er

·
Registered
40 Posts
nope wasnt there. nut how did you know about the ride? and where did everyone meet to start the ride?? ive seen alot of riders at the starbucks on topanga and ventura on the weekends

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its weekly

Dude, they meet at starbucks every wednesday, check it out next week. \
They usually leave at 9 30 pm so be there by then.

·
Registered
40 Posts
cool thanks for the info. hey do you know of any other meeting spots and times in the vallley? near my house ive seen a group of 30 or so meeting at the starbucks on devonshire and sepulveda. i cant remember which night though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
meeting times

Other than topanga/ventura at 9pm wednesday I've heard
Mulholland Hwy (west of topanga) on Sundays, 4pm I think at some restaurant on the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts