Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas, went down to Hawaii Raceway Park tonite....and a friend of mine has a '01 Lightning (Ford truck) we were on the highway about 2 miles from the turnoff and he gets on it, so I do the same. I left hime by a pretty good margin and he said he was pushing 115-120 when I just walked away from him. I haven't had the chance to top out my bike...(not enough room, I'm on an island)....Just wondering if you mainland TL owners have had a chance to go the 9/10th's.......by the way I had just shifted into 5th gear apparently pushing 140. I have [email protected] cone race filters and the RS-3 titanium full race system, with the AFAM 42 tooth sprocket and chain conversion.....Also with Marchesini wheels. I'm just wondering what could I be looking at Top Speed wise?? Thanks.....
Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SZKITL1000R said:
Well fellas, went down to Hawaii Raceway Park tonite....and a friend of mine has a '01 Lightning (Ford truck) we were on the highway about 2 miles from the turnoff and he gets on it, so I do the same. I left hime by a pretty good margin and he said he was pushing 115-120 when I just walked away from him. I haven't had the chance to top out my bike...(not enough room, I'm on an island)....Just wondering if you mainland TL owners have had a chance to go the 9/10th's.......by the way I had just shifted into 5th gear apparently pushing 140. I have [email protected] cone race filters and the RS-3 titanium full race system, with the AFAM 42 tooth sprocket and chain conversion.....Also with Marchesini wheels. I'm just wondering what could I be looking at Top Speed wise?? Thanks.....
Chris
Nobody knows what the top speed is???? :confused:

I have heard around 165, but I know I was pulling harder than that.......oh well let me know if you have any differences....I should definitely have my busa by this October! Peace:D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the growl too....

skidkid said:
before the untimely demise of my '98 TLR at Mosport racetrack in Canada, i was pushing about 160 on the back straight which i believe is about 3500 feet long. it's also uphill. that TLR would scream. i had many riders come up and ask me what kind of bike i had. it looks like a gixxer but has that awesome v-twin growl. i was scootin by just about everything in my group.
I will be acquiring a 2002 "busa in a couple of weeks.....the TL is paid for and I think it will become a track bike.....I just don't think I can sell it, it has made a special place in my heart:)
Maybe someday I will be able to find out about the true top speed. This thing just pulls too hard!!:eek: :D

Peace Chris.....<----Soon to be deployed to a place that is hot, but not as hot as the barrel of my gun!!!!

"I have become death"

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way...

skidkid said:
before the untimely demise of my '98 TLR at Mosport racetrack in Canada, i was pushing about 160 on the back straight which i believe is about 3500 feet long. it's also uphill. that TLR would scream. i had many riders come up and ask me what kind of bike i had. it looks like a gixxer but has that awesome v-twin growl. i was scootin by just about everything in my group.

I hope you guys like this...:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hope you know how to swim. If you could not top out the TLR by the time you realize how fast your going on the Busa that water should be coming up real quick. I hope your insurance company dosen't do this to you like they did to this *#*hole.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts