Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Bandit 1200S. Does anybody know what the top speed is. And how much would I get on the top with a stage one and a slip on. The dale walker jet kit and slip on is supposed to be good for like 17 HP. I know this seems like alot but Ive been told this bike gets tremendous gains from these mods.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Top speed of a '99 Bandit? Don't know. Why don't you go find out, and then come back and tell us? My question is, if you do not know first hand what the top speed is now, why do you care what it wll be after the mods? I am not getting on your case, I just find it curious that somebody who hasn't tested the top speed of his bike stock cares what it will be after some mods, that's all. No offense.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was just curious. I dont have access to a radar gun right now. I have had the speedo at above 140 but speedos dont mean crap(still had more to go). And as I said I was just curious if anybody new. As to the question of gains after the mods-- Why am I answering this anyway, Im just curious, thats all.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well the only way more hp is going to make you go faster is if you cannot redline your bike in top gear. If you can already do this, the mods will get you no more top speed, you will just get up to speed quicker. If you can redline it in top, dropping a tooth on your rear sprocket will gain you some top end, if you really need more.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the redline thing makes sense. And I dont have the Nads to test the bike "yet". And top speed is not a huge concern of mine, Ive had the speedo at 145 and that fealt plenty fast to me. But thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My Bandit (or shall I say ex-Bandit) would peg the 170 MPH speedometer with the full stage 2 kit installed. Now, we all know that Suzuki speedos are VERY optimistic, and +10% is not unheard of. So, with a stage 2 kit, I'd say your B12 will go about 155.

Mine made 116 rwhp with DW's kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts