Sportbike World banner

toe-guards

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  105db 
#1 ·
hy! have you ever heard about toe-guards ?
if not, whatch this : http://www.rg-racing.com/toe-guards/sports-bike-toeguards.html

I've already seen such things on aprila RSv, but what was this ?

Now I know, febuary the 13th I've lost the front wheel in a curve, in the fall I've been ejected of the bike but I've fallen down on the rear of my R1 and my hand have been grabbed in the chain :(
So of course you must imagine the consequenses and the heavy surgery it needed.

I've heard loris capirrossi had the same probleme with his foot, the reason that toe-guard are now required on all race tracks.

so watch your bike if you got one, if not :
It's 30/40$ , believe me, if your bike don't have one you should buy it, I thought that it was a rare, improbable, stupid accident, but I ve already found 3 guys with the same stupid shit.

(sorry with my english, I'm better in insult :twofinger :D )

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting thing. First thing I would do to my dirt comp irons along with my road racers would be remove ANY chainguard & look at ways of cutting away parts of the engine chassie so quicker access to the complete rear chain & sprockets.

Natch on our bikes, being Brit irons in the past the primary chain was exposed to the dry clutch & only a bit of a toe piece on the brake pedal so one would not slip the toe of the boot into the chain drive. Mind you that was in the days of the brake pedal being on the left & gear change lever being on the right WHICH is the correct way for balance of movement.

Goes to show how times have changed. Sort of reminds me of some bikes came with a completely inclosed rear chain guard, yet a splash lube at one point ONLY once the bike had been damaged or owner became frustrated with it OFF would come the chain guard.

#3 ·
I didn't even know they made something like that. It's a good idea, but I probably wouldn't buy one. Nice product though.

#4 ·
The only thing I can say is : don't think buy ! I have lost half of a finger because of the chain.
I've seen other toe_guard model less expensive that these carbon or aluminum models.
The fact is the uper chain guardis not usefull, sur such usefull because of the rotation of the wheel, so if your hant or your feet touch there it wil be "rejected", but if you touch the chain uder it will be grabbed , it's logical :(

So think about the toe guard :cool: perhapas it's ugly, perhaps a bit expensive, but really useful :cool:

#5 · (Edited)
105db said:

I've heard loris capirrossi had the same probleme with his foot, the reason that toe-guard are now required on all race tracks.
]

Not so, at least not on any track I've been to. It may be in Europe, or it may be by a particular sanctioning body...

(sorry with my english, I'm better in insult :twofinger :D )
Eh? Cette est une insulte? Bah! Tu es comme une cannasse, mon malheureux ami...

cdma2k

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.